help completely o/t question but need a quick answer

babytots

Reaction score
it is kinda baby related i guess.

anyways i want to apply for a argos card so i can buy my daughter a new bed,this baby a new cot,a car seat and a double pushchair and if i get one of these cards it will help me out loads since i can buy now pay in 9 months and spread the cost.

anyways in the application section it asks for my bank details. i have 2 accounts a normal account and a savings account. i would prefer to give them my saving accounts details since i dont use that account and hence any money that goes in there will stay in there iykwim.

but can you still have direct debits taken out of a savings account? logic says you should be able to since you have a sort code and account code like any normal account but wanted to double check just incase my logic is wrong.

mods sorry if this is the wrong place to post as i know its not really pregnancy/baby related but needed a quick reply feel free to move it if needs be. x

If it is a proper savings account then you can't use it for direct debits (unless they pay in).

To check ring your bank.

Have you thought about setting up a second current account? I have one that ALL my bills and DD's come out of. Money is transfered in via standing order the day the wages go in and the child benefit is paid into there. I leave it alone, and know that in my first account, what is there is what I can spend or shove into the actual savings account.

thanks hun i would set up another account but its all the faffing about and waiting to get it set up and as banks arent open til monday will have to wait til then and then it takes 2 weeks to get the argos card if i get it. i'm impatiant and dont like waiting lol :hissy: but i guess if you cant have direct debits come out of savings accounts then i'll have to do that.

or i could give them my normal account details save the money needed in the savings account then transfer the money over once it comes to paying the final bill.

thanks again for your help hun. x

think will wait til monday and go into my local branch and sort something out. then pop into argos and apply in store that way i know where i am. not too keen on doing things onlnie anyways incase i muck up somewhere lol. x

We went into Argos, set ours up on the day and purchased some things. Our card then came two weeks later :) We dont do ours by direct debit either. I think thats just to do the credit check on you :)

It might be different in the UK but I have 2 accounts: Chequing and savings. I can take money out of either one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->