help - conceiving and cycles post Mirena?

biostat

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about their experience post Mirena removal?

I know you in theory can get pregnant immediately after it's removed, but what if your cycle is not yet back to normal?

My Mirena perforated (aka it went outside my uterus). While it was there my cycles returned, but shorter than before (~25 days as opposed to ~28).

It was removed early in last cycle (day 3) but the cycle was still shorter than usual. Had a pos OPK and BDed a lot but AF came yesterday.:growlmad:

Other ladies who had yours taken out: were you back to normal within 1 cycle? Anyone take longer than that? Thanks!

I had mine removed in August of 2013. It wasn't till October that I had a cycle again. However I had all anovulatory cycles until probably September of last year. But everyone's different so hears hoping you don't have to wait so long.

I had my Mirena removed 2 years ago. I ended up in the ER with severally sharp pains. They told me I could start ttc right away. That was a lie. My cycles were so messed up for well over a year ranging from 30-90 days. I wasn't Oing. I gave it a little more time because after that experience I did not want to take any medication for fear that it would mess things up again. I have had 5 regular cycles now and am Oing.

I would give it time b4 ttc until you find a pattern. I would do bbt to see what is going on throughout the month. My DH and I jumped into ttc a few months after removal and neg after neg I was so crushed so we quit trying until things went back to normal.

Thanks guys for sharing your experiences. I guess I will just have to be really patient...set my expectations for far in the future and hopefully be pleasantly surprised!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->