HELP!! Constipation

Rickles

Reaction score
Maddie's been trying to squeeze one out for 2 days (She hasn't been since Friday) and is starting to get very upset every time we feed her...

We've done:

Bicycle kicks
All over body massage after bath
Tummy rubs
Pear puree (last night)
Prune puree (this morning)
Cooled boiled water
Tiny dose of lactulose

Is there anything else we can do before I concede defeat and take her to the GP??

Thanks!!!

Mine suffers with it too. The only thing that seems to get things moving are lots and lots of prunes. I know you gave some this morning but give a few more times today, and see what tomorrow brings! X

It sounds like you've done all you can apart from suppositories. My LO has the same problem when she started solids and we gave a lot of water with a bit of freshly squeezed orange in it 1 part orange juice to 10 parts water.

The jolly jumper/jumper roo or her usual type of 'exercise' might do the trick. Usually works for us.

Hope she's managed to go or you've been to the doctor by now, it must be making her miserable :(

My LO suffers with constipation at times as well..
My recommendations are to limit bananas, give prunes and give juice diluted with water; pear and grape juice work great. Give LO more sips of juices with water during solid feedings. maybe even a probiotic may help. Good luck! Happy pooping :haha:

Oh yeah, bananas were to blame with my LO too. She can handle them now she's older though

I mixed a teaspoon of pure orange juice with my lo carrot purée and that helped her go

Thanks ladies - we ended up being given some Movicol on Weds (so 5 days no poop)... had another check at the GP yesterday where he was still happy there was no obstruction - another prunee puree and more Movicol later we have finally exploded into life today...

Poor Maddie as it was a bit bloody and there is SOOOOO much of it, we'd destroyed two outfits by noon. Every poop is accompanied by screaming but they seem to be coming out so I've not done any Movicol today.

Totally agree with the fluids - in retrospect I think I should have tried for longer with the water every meal - Maddie is now (after days of Movicol drinking :() pretty good with the cup, she never took a bottle... I gave her pears today to try and keep this mobile and she lapped up the water too, then an 2 hours later chowed down both boobs - normally one is enough :) ...

She has since settled down into her first ever 2 hour nap... I think probably from relief... poor monkey doodle.

Bless her, my lo is breastfed too and doesn't poo much anyway, but when we first started weaning she was constipated and screaming when she went, it's calmed down loads, but she still doesn't poo lots, think its just her normal

Do u use much baby rice? Recently found that this constipates my lo. Sorry thats all the advice i have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->