help!!! decreasing progesterone!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by pinkpassion, Oct 11, 2013.

1. pinkpassion

pinkpassion 3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete

I need some advice ladies, Monday my progesterone was 16.7, hcg was 126, Wednesday my progesterone was 14.1 and hcg was 370... they just called me this morning with the results and want me to go on progesterone suppositories.. should I be worried?! I will do whatever it takes but I've already had 2 early losses and 1 mmc at 9 weeks in may, I can't take another loss!!!!! Please opinions and support need!!

2. Impatientwait

Impatientwait Pregnant

My progesterone was low so I've been on the progesterone pills since 5 weeks or so and baby it perfect. Makes me sick but I take mine by mouth 1 before bedtime.

3. pinkpassion

Can you tell me what your level was?

4. ltrip84

ltrip84 Mom and pregnant

My progesterone was 10.65 and I take two pills by mouth at bedtime since about week 7 to present. The doctor told me to take them throughout the first trimester. My baby is doing fine. Had an ultrasound last week.

5. pinkpassion

Every story I've read of people going on supplements had a lower level then me and their babies seemed to have turned out well, so that helps me feel so much better!!!! Thank you!

6. tl682

tl682 Well-Known Member

In my last pregnancy, my progesterone started at 10.6, and I was put on progesterone pills. Dd is now 2. In the pregnancy, my progesterone started at 30 and then dropped to 16, so I was put on the pills again, because it was a big drop. Your levels seem fine. It's totally fine to take progesterone, and so many women do it!!

7. ltrip84

ltrip84 Mom and pregnant

You're welcome! From what my test said, it should be above 11. Some doctors say anything over 10 is okay. I think my doctor put me on supplements because mine was borderline low just to be safe.

Some people believe that progesterone supplements don't even help prevent miscarriage unless you are taking it by 3dpo. I disagree though! Better safe than sorry is what I think!

8. Estesbaby

Estesbaby Well-Known Member

I found out the day I called with BFP the results of my progesterone the week before was 5.6. Obviously it was enough for ovulation, I was afraid it wouldn't support a pregnancy. My dr didn't want to give me the suppoistories, she said it'd be fine, but she didn't want to test me again either, so I basically told her I wanted suppoistories and she agreed because she didn't figure it would hurt anything.

I'm currently almost 18 weeks, I stopped them at 14 weeks. I guess I'll never know if it made a difference or not, but all I know is it didn't hurt.

9. Impatientwait

Impatientwait Pregnant

Mine was a 13.4 I believe