Help! Don't know what's wrong!

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
I don't know what to do to help my LO! I changed her, fed her, burped her, cuddled her, and she just keeps crying! Usually a cuddle calms her right down, but she's just unconsolible.... Just this high pitched whiny cry....I don't know what she wants! And I'm home alone so I can't give her to someone else to try, and I don't want to just ignore her! But she's breaking my heart and my boobs are on fire and she's just got tears rolling down her face! It's moments like this I say I should have waited to have a baby (I'm 19), but then I remember I didn't choose to have her, we were surprised by a birth control fail. I love her with all my heart and we are always together, she loves cuddling but even that isn't calming her down! I don't know what to do!

It sounds like colic or purple crying, if that's the case there isn't anything you can do except be there for your LO.

If you get overly frustrated put your baby in a crib or somewhere secure & walk away for 10 minutes to catch your breath.

Just relax, if you stress, you baby will pick up on it and stress more and make it all harder.
She might have a little extra wind, she might be over tired, does she have a dummy?
She too hot/cold? Swaddled? uncomfy?
If need be put her to bed and walk away for a quick breather and to get your head together!
Hope she settles soon for you :flower:

Have you got a car? And if so does your LO like going in the car?

When mines crying and i can't do anything a quick trip out in the car either settles him to sleep or stops him from crying while i'm driving around and gives my ears a rest!

She just woke up from a two hour nap, fed her, changed her (poopy so she's not constipated), and she hasn't stopped bawling. The temp in here is the same as always, I cuddled up with her under a blanket, didn't stop. Won't take her pacifier (which she's not really a fan of anyway), I dunno

Have you tried walking around with her doing a little bounce and talking? Thats what I used to do as well...
Other than that, im out of ideas and hope someone else can help you.
I really do hope she settles for you, im 18 and know how hard it is being a young mum, but it does get easier when their older and can figure out what cry is what. :flower:

I'm starting to figure out her cries, but this is insane. OH has our only car at work, and we live on the highway. Been walking with her, tried a bath, cuddling. She's finally calmer, still crying, but less hysterically.

im glad i found the time 2 come on and see these threads theres alot of them my son can be like that 2 have a read of this thread xx

https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/630504-unsettled-evenings-anyone-found-lo-just-grows-out.html

A high-pitched cry usually means something is hurting them (at least in my experience), whether it be their tummy, or something else. Do you have any gripe water or anything you could give her to see if it helps. Also, does she have a raised temperature? Pulling at her ears at all (Clara was the same as what you described when she had an ear infection)? I hope she settles for you soon.

Does she have gurgling in her belly, around the sides? Is she gassy? Feverish? If you breastfeed, did you eat or drink anything different that may have upset her tummy?

don't really have any advice, just want to let you know you're not alone - had the same kind of night. Though I second the idea of trying gripe water

I'm not even sure what gripe water is....

She eventually cried herself to sleep :( :( and woke up 3 hours later. She was still fussy, but had filled her diaper so I'm guessing her tummy was hurting her? We recently switched from regular formula to supplement breastmilk, which made her sick, to soy formula to supplement, so I think it upset her tummy. If only I could get enough breastmilk to feed her without formula............

Gripe Water is drops that contain sodium bicarbonate, ginger, and fennel. You can get it at the drug store or grocery store. Little Tummies is one brand.

Sorry to hear about the milk troubles. Have you tried pumping to increase supply? Or letting her nurse a ton?

Gripe Water is drops that contain sodium bicarbonate, ginger, and fennel. You can get it at the drug store or grocery store. Little Tummies is one brand.

Sorry to hear about the milk troubles. Have you tried pumping to increase supply? Or letting her nurse a ton?

Thanks, I'll look for some.

I only pump, I can't nurse cuz of LO, she stops breathing and turns blue-ish purple and passes out.

Anytime Bella does that loud high pitched cry it means she is in pain. Bella cries like that when she's teething and she won't be consoled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->