help!early u/s at 6 weeks and confused with results

strido

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I had an early u/s this morning (I'm supposed to be 6 weeks today) following a small bleed on Monday which obviously worried me. I was being quite hopeful because the bleeding was only brief and it was nothing like when I miscarried 5 months ago. However, my world crumbled when the technician said she could only see 4mm sac (no pole, no yolk) which is a 4 week gestational stage, not 6 weeks. Following this, doc told me that hcg levels were just above 800, which would be consistent with the 4 week period. However, since I've been monitoring everything and keeping track of when me and dh did it, the dates just don't add up, and I'm a 28 days gal, no irregular cycle with me! I can appreciate that I might have ovulated a bit later than I thought and that the implantation took longer, but I can't be a whole 2 weeks off! I've been crying non stop since coming back from the hospital, I'm convinced there's something wrong. I've got more blood tests tomorrow to see if HCG is rising, but I guess my question is:
Realistically, what are my chances? I don't want to be positive just for the sake of it, I just want to know of any of you have been in this position before and what was the outcome? (Good or bad).

Hi Strido. So sorry that you are going through this. To be honest, it doesn't sound good. Especially because you are fairly sure of your dates. You probably got your bfp 2 weeks ago so you shouldn't be only 4 weeks. If your hcg falls, you will know for sure.
Again, so sorry that you are going through this.

Hi Strido. Any news? I'm going through the same thing - supposed to be 5w4d today but clearblue only says 1-2 weeks. My HCG on Monday (5w) were only 156 which is exceptionally not good. Had another test today and am waiting for the results. Try the website betabase.info - it is a bit encouraging as it shows some really low hcg's that ended up as "successful pregnancies" (ie, showed a heartbeat later). Good luck, I hope it all works out OK XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->