Help!extreme pregnancy Insomnia!

lottiex

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and I have been having the worst insomnia since just before getting my bfp! it's like my body is resisting sleep no matter how exhausted I am. It got a little better last week where I was able to get about 6 hours of very broken sleep, but now i'm back to not being able to sleep until about 4am and then that's usually just an hour or two.
I should add that I can normally sleep for England and I had a pregnancy six years ago where I had the same sleep problem but sadly I became very unwell due to a chronic illness and lost the baby.
This time around I feel more well in myself than the previous pregnancy but the lack of sleep is really debilitating.
I have tried every remedy going, even Benadryl which didn't seem to help, just made me more sleepy.
I guess I would like to hear if any of you lovely ladies have had this problem before and does it get better with time? Thanks so much

I didn't want to read and run.... I suffered with insomnia for a little while in my pregnancy with my son and I ended up trying all these wind down techniques from a website. They were like "do not use your phone in bed, or watch tv - make bed a place of rest or making love" so I did that, as I was terrible for using my phone in bed. I was having a nice long bath before bed, and making sure the room was really dark. They seemed to help me. I stopped having certain foods or drinks after certain times. You may have already tried those things or they may not help but worth mentioning. Hope someone else comments for u :) and hope it improves. You must be exhausted xxx

Yes, this will pass. I get insomnia throughout most of the first trimester and then the last several weeks of my pregnancy. It's one of my very normal pregnancy symptoms that I've had with all of my pregnancies. I'm about 17 weeks along now and have been sleeping beautifully for over a month now. :) I usually start sleeping well at some point between 11 and 13 weeks.

I have to take Tylenol PM. My doctor recommended it. I take it every night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->