Help! Follicle count day 5

candefloss30

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am on my first cycle of IVF in London. I am 32 DH is 28 and TTC for over 3 years. I was told until a year ago that my bloods were fine but now my FSH has gone for 4 to 12 in a year!!! I think maybe the first result want mine.

Anyway all the tests I have had point to low ovarian reserve so I was started on 300 gonal F every morning.

I had my day 5 stims yesterday and there were only 7 follicles. The biggest was 5mm. They did bloods phoned me later and told me to up my dose to 450 gonal F.

I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me or had a similar experience? I have to go back on Monday but I am worried the follicles wont grow. Could anymore appear?

Feeling pretty pessimistic right now. I am so exhausted with all of it (and I have a fear of needles) so I took the day off work. Just couldn't face it!
:cry:

Hi,

I had my first ICSI last year with a high FSH, mine was 14. Due to this I was on the max of 450 too, my first scan wasn't great either and I had to go back for another further 2 scans and stimmed for 14 days until I was ready for EC. I got 5 eggs, 4 fertilised and I had 2 transferred. Unfortunately it didn't result in a BFP, we were unlucky. I am about to start another cycle and its with the same dosage.

So don't start panicking yet, I sure you will see some growth on Monday, some eggs just need a little more time. Stay positive, and do whatever you can get the blood flowing to the uterus area to help with growth, lay with your legs in the air, give your stomach a nice massage and try to stay calm.

Good Luck :flower:

My last ivf, I had 7 measurable on day 5 (Idk the size), but by retrieval, they got 17 eggs. :)

Thanks for your responses! Feeling pretty heartbroken. At the next scan there was no growth! Went back today and 2 follies have grown but only to 7! They have given me more drugs and I have to go back for a scan on Mondayy last e2 was only 79! I havnt read one comment on the Internet which is as bad as this! I'm only 32 :cry:

What protocol are you on? I've done three ivfs and each protocol gave me hugely different results. The best results were from microdose flare protocol

The microdose flare is great! I responded so much better to this (and I don't have dor). Sorry you are responding like this :( sometimes it is trial and error the first go around. Hopefully you have slow growers. My day 3 e2 was always super low but by day 7-10 it bounced back.

Thanks girls! What is the microdose flare? I am on the short protocol. Started on 300 gonal F and jumped up to 450 on day 5 stims. Using the antagonist injections too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->