Help! Getting up at 4-4:30am

happy&healthy

Ada's Mom
Reaction score
I am very pleased LO has started sleeping through the night. But she is also getting up earlier and earlier. Her normal wake time was about 6:30. Then last week she got up between 5 and 5:30. I sort of expect this, because its when hubby gets up to go to work. But the last two days she's gotten up at 4:30. Or who knows how long she's actually been awake because she plays for awhile before letting me know she's awake. She'll play for an hour or two, then go back to sleep for an hour if I'm lucky--usually its just a half hour. She's fall asleep at 7:30. Is there anything I can do to stop this madness?

I am very pleased LO has started sleeping through the night. But she is also getting up earlier and earlier. Her normal wake time was about 6:30. Then last week she got up between 5 and 5:30. I sort of expect this, because its when hubby gets up to go to work. But the last two days she's gotten up at 4:30. Or who knows how long she's actually been awake because she plays for awhile before letting me know she's awake. She'll play for an hour or two, then go back to sleep for an hour if I'm lucky--usually its just a half hour. She's fall asleep at 7:30. Is there anything I can do to stop this madness?

I am having the exact same problem except dex is waking up once or twice too and it is taking ages to get him back to sleep. He just seems to want to cry. Sorry I can't help.

Oh Khy Does The Same I Wish I Could Help Hun, I Was Told To Start Weaning Her By Midwife However This Hasnt Helped And I Read Online That SomeTimes It Not Due To Babys Being Hungry :S

I am having this problem too! - LO would go to bed at 7:30, dream feed at 10:30pm, then wake any time after 6. He dropped his 4am bottle over 3 weeks ago.

Now, he is waking around 3:30-4:30. first night, i didnt give him a bottle - as he wasnt whinging, just smiling and laughing at his mobile! - i took him out of cot, and lay him on my chest and ssshhh back to sleep till around 6ish.

He went to sleep pretty easy, with no resistance, so assumed he needed to go back to sleep.

Last night, woke at 3:30am, tried to sssshh pat him back to sleep, in the end, by 4:30 he was moaning, so gave him a bottle, he drank it all (8oz) but still would not go to sleep without lying on my first ( bad habit to get into i know)

then, he was up at 7:30 this morning, gave him his bottle, and he only drank 3oz! - so now, not sure if he was comfort eating at 4:30am, as clearly, he didn't need 2 bottles.

i have no idea what is going on, he is usually so good at night time sleeping.

So, sorry - no help! - do you have structured naps in the day? my LO will only sleep on me, and it is VERY tying, so i am trying to wean him off this, only started today, so that is not why he is waking in the night, but i have heard that good naps in the day = better night sleeping, so i am starting to try to crack the day naps, in the vain hope that this helps at night

sounds like the 6 month growth spurt!

She's only been sleeping through for a week. Her last growth spurt at 4 1/2 months she got up every 2-3 hours to feed. I think she just wants to play, play, play.

Liss does this some days, she was sleeping 11-12 hours a night now she is waking earlier some days. between 5 and 6.30 a lot before it was 7-7.30. I can't complain though as she is a good sleeper, wakes occasionally lately but had slept through very early, I guess they want to get up and learn new things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->