HELP!!! He won't drink juice/water??!!!!

louise85

Reaction score
Jackson completely refuses to drink any other fluid than his formula!!! Now he's on solids too its blocking him up, making him constpated and when he does go, its hard and hurts him :cry:

Anyone elses LO refuse drinks?? I'm tempted to syringe a couple of doses of juice after his meals, just so he gets some fluid!

xxx

Have you tried giving him a drink when hes nearly due a bottle? He make take something then when hes hungry.

If not try him on some different juices to see if you get a result x

My 10 month old has only just started taking fluids from something that isn't a boob. She will only take watered down squash and refuses water or formula. And it has to be in a sippy cup and she only takes about 1oz at a time. I haven't tried expressing for her yet to get her to take from the cup as I can't stand the thought of all that expressing only to have her bang the cup like a drum spilling all the milk!

Madeline doesn't take much water either - but I've been told it's not too much to worry about at the moment. They get water from the formula/breastmilk, and still from their food (esp fruit and veg), so as long as it isn't really hot and they are getting dehydrated, it's not too much of an issue. If he is constipated maybe try more fruits, such as pear or watermelon, which are really juicy. It has taken practice for Madeline, and for the first couple of months on solids she wouldn't touch water from her sippy cup. Now she will have a sip or two at each meal. If they are thirsty, they will drink it eventually. HTH x

My LO is like this sometimes too.Sometimes at meal times he will take a drink of juice or water and other times he refuses it.Im not sure why this is.Like the other girls have said try with my other fruit juice like pears etc and feed him plenty of veg.xxx

I have tried a few juices, baby juice, orange, apple, prune!! I've also tried giving it him when he's hungry but as soon as he realises it isn't milk the tongue comes pushing it out!

I haven't tried him with a sippy cup yet may invest in one the weekend, are there any particular good ones?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"