HELP! Holly or Mia? Long story but really need opinions (OCD)

MommyPrice

Reaction score
*I honestly have OCD tendencies, and having multiple children and seeing patterns in their names causes me a lot of stress! I need level headed people to tell me if I'm just being crazy, or if you see my point*

My husband and I are expecting our sixth child together (currently have 4 boys and 1 girl, in that order). Each one of my boys has an "M" name, and a Biblical name. Our daughter does not have either (it near killed me to break that pattern, but figured that my boys could just have that specific pattern). What's worse is that we used the same initial "S" for her first name as we did with one of her older brothers. It still bugs me, but people tell me they don't think anything of it, so I've learned to deal with it. Well, now we're thinking of the name Holly Serena Quinn, which works for my OCD tendencies. My four oldest would all share the letter "M", and my four youngest would share the letter "S" (the twins in the middle double up and connect everyone together, as they have both M's and S's). No idea if that makes sense to anyone, lol.

However, I absolutely adore the name Mia. My one son got to pick my daughter's name, and now my other son wants to name this one, and loves that name too. The only problem is that it starts with "M". I already have a son that starts with "M", AND if I go ahead with that - all of them would have the letter "M" other than my one daughter. Am I being bonkers, or should I go with it? You can be brutally honest
tongue.png

For reference, here are my kids' names, along with what we're debating for a girl name:

John Malik Damian (shares J and M like next brother)
Mason Everett James (shares J and M like previous brother)
Scott Matthew Graham (initials are opposite of twin brother, shares M with all brothers shares S with sisters if Holly is chosen)
Gavin Mitchell Simon (initials are opposite of twin brother, shares M with all brothers, shares S with sisters if Holly is chosen)
Sophie Harper Belle (shares S and H with Holly)
*Holly Serena Quinn* (shares S and H like previous sister)
*Mia Rosalie ______* (won't share two initials like my singletons do, has "M" name which singles out my daughter Sophie, but really like the name)

Sorry for seeming psychotic - I really overthink things.
redface.png

Do all of your kids go by their first names? If so, I think Mia is fine! When I first read your post, I thought your sons all had M first names, in which case I'd have agreed it might be strange for your oldest daughter to be the odd kid out with a different initial from the other 5. But it doesn't appear that's the case?

I think Mia is lovely and fits in well with the other names. If you love it, go for it. Congrats!

I agree with the above, I read it as they all had first names beginning with 'm'. But seeing as they dont, I don't see it being a problem at all. Mia is a lovely name, we have Mia chose if our bean is a girl. I think it goes well with Sophie too as thats my name also xx

Thanks :) They all go by their first names <3 So it would be John, Mason, Scott, Gavin, Sophie, & Holly/Mia. I know my tendencies are silly to see patterns, but I just wanted to double check and make sure that it wouldn't have bothered anyone else.

I dont have OCD but honestly it would bug me that they all had M names apart one then I went and checked your post and they all have totally different first names which means any name you choose is fine ! No teachers or friends etc really bother with middle names so I do think either choice is fine

Although I much prefer Rosalie Mia than Mia rosalie

Oh my God I thought I was sitting an exam then trying to follow the naming pattern hahaha!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->