help? how do i make myself Ovulate later? (CD3/4 currently)

Destiny08

Reaction score
so..not a common question here...but I have recently had it confirmed by my GP (who happened to do a blood test on the last day of my period, so CD5 - when there was just a little spotting left) that I O stupidly early.

my cycles are now on average 21-23 days. so short, but my LP is still long. 18-20 days or so. so there is no issue there.

we caught the lower end of my LH surge on CD5, meaning i actually O around CD3 or 4...right in the middle of AF. which is obviously not ideal lol.

so yea. help? i need to get my O to at least CD10 to have any chance at all really. I do BD with DH on the last day of my previous cycle, but when im on AF, even if i managed to fertilize an egg. it probably wouldnt implant...

help please!

That's crazy! I though I was early, all the way at day 10.
You can try supplements meant to improve egg development.
-OvaBoost can help, it contains CoQ10 already but you can add another 100-200mg CoQ10.
-FertileAid is a multi-vitamin with fertility herbs including Vitex, this can help balance hormones
-FertiliTea contains Vitex also
Royal Jelly is great

Eggs mature in 90-day cycles, which is why they say it may take 3 months to see the full effect. However you may see improvement before that.

thanks :) when i fell pregnant with DD i O'd around CD10-13, and had a long LP (33-35 day cycles lol) but this is just crazy. hoping it all evens out soon enough! :) though I'll definitely look at some of your suggestions!

That's a really unusual cycle! On the front and the back end!!!
I am taking all of the above supplements, plus a bunch more - they are helping and the reviews for the ones from FairHaven are really positive.
Good luck, hope you see some improvement

What did your doctor say about having a luteal phase that long? 16 days is generally considered the longest LP. I would be concerned about it being longer than that.

she said there's no reason a really long LP would be an issue :) a short one is an issue, but I've conceived with a long one before. the cycle i conceived if we take the latest possible ovulation, it was a 22 day LP lol
so I'm not concerned about the LP :) I'm just annoyed by when my ovulation is :haha:

it's also only around 17 days long atm, so not as long as it has been in the past! :)

Do you temp? I was having trouble with very irregular periods after my miscarriage and it absolutely helped put my mind at ease. Maybe I'm a little OCD, but I love having all my charts organized and in front of me. I know exactly when I ovulate now - which still varies cycle to cycle. But I don't stress about it because at least I know when to expect my AF.

I guess my point would be temp and actually see if that is happening every month or if it's a fluke.

I starting using Vitex to regulate my cycles/hormonal imbalances (that were ranging from 22-50+ days); cycle 2 and I ovulated CD14 :thumbup:

Did your doctor recommend anything? Kinda odd they would leave you hanging like that.

Do you temp? I was having trouble with very irregular periods after my miscarriage and it absolutely helped put my mind at ease. Maybe I'm a little OCD, but I love having all my charts organized and in front of me. I know exactly when I ovulate now - which still varies cycle to cycle. But I don't stress about it because at least I know when to expect my AF.

I guess my point would be temp and actually see if that is happening every month or if it's a fluke.

I starting using Vitex to regulate my cycles/hormonal imbalances (that were ranging from 22-50+ days); cycle 2 and I ovulated CD14 :thumbup:

Did your doctor recommend anything? Kinda odd they would leave you hanging like that.

my GP has left it really, because my hormone levels are normal, and I'm not even a year off coming off my implant, which caused my periods to stop completely. and before that, I was on Depo, which started immediately after giving birth. so i can totally understand why she thinks i might just need more time to stabilize lol. it's been a total of...3 years since i got pregnant and my cycles didnt have something disrupting them. im just impatient!

i couldn't temp until recently as my DD was still waking up at odd hours, messing with everything, but i defiinitely plan on starting again next cycle as she's just started sleeping through the night! :) however the cycle before this 1, my only positive OPKs were on CD 7 and 8, so still stupidly early. i am ovulating, my GP says! but the only opks i get are early on in my cycle, so yea :p

i tried using vitex, but got sick of having no difference (after my 136 day cycle, 52 days and 45 days) and stopped. and that cycle i started ovulating again and it was less than half as long as the last cycle I used vitex on. no idea if it was a fluke, but i do plan on starting it up again come next cycle :) just waiting for AF to show up now so I can start temping/taking opks/taking vitex! i know im not pregnant as the dates dont match up (last DTD was 5 days before AF started, so a total of 9/10 days before O lol) but there's that part of me that's hoping beyond hope that i am, so i dont want to start now. until i KNOW im not :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->