help! how do i tell my parents im pregnant??

I did it quick. I went in my moms room one day and sat down... I asked her what she would do if I took a pregnancy test and it was positive.. and when she said idk, I said well thats what happened yesterday lol she thought I was joking which kinda lightened the mood but she was happy.. I am only 18 about to be 19 so I'm still really young to be having a baby so Im lucky with the way she took the news

Hi I'm not sure if this helps but i'm 25 and expecting my first (unplanned).

My parents are the worst strict judgmental the works it took me ages to muster up the courage to tell them and I have live away since 17 lol!

In the end I just thought to myself what can they actually do about it? the answer was nothing, I was so stressed aboyut it and now it's over I feel a great weight has been lifted.

My dad took it really well Mum not so much but it's in the open now and I feel so much better for it.

My advice is just come out and say it you'll feel loads better!

Good Luck!!
xx

Hi Lauren,
i am in a very similar situation, although im 23. I have worked and travelled since i was 17 and my family have always wanted me to get an amazing job and move somewhere exotic. however i met my partner 4 years ago and we decided now its time for us to settle down.
He works full time but not on amazing money, but not bad either. we are also renting at the moment so a mortgage is not very likely any day soon.

I am not working now (got made redundant from an airline last year) but i have always wanted to teach so have started studying at home for a degree in education. It will take about 6 years to complete but by then baby will be in school and i can begin my teaching career!The degree can be done in my own time and all at home so i will just find any spare time to do some work on it!

I spoke to my mum a few weeks ago (shes the one im most worried about) and told her i was broody. she didnt sound horrified at the idea of us having a baby but neither was she ecstatic. so im going to bite the bullet at 12 weeks and tell her.

I think that if you have a plan for the future, can support yourselves and love each other then you have nothing to worry about. Money is not everything and your own house will come in time.

Just remember that college and coursework will be extremely hard when you have a screaming baby and are tired! have you told your teachers? try to build a good relationship with them so they are sympathetic towards your situation and willing to help.

Good luck with telling everyone and if you plan on doing it before me please let me know how it goes!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx

im 20 also, just found out am expecting my 2nd!, i know my mum will think im crazy having another but oh well. she doesnt agree with everything i do and vice versa, i would just say it, get it out there, you will feel alot better once you do. im planning on telling my mum in a few weeks because im still very early. good luck! xx

I'm sure it'll be ok. Just remind yourself that your grown up now and are free to make your own choices. Godd luck although im sure your be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->