• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

HELP! How do you tell OHs parents you're pregnant....

Felicia_D

Mom to 3
Reaction score
...with not one, but TWO babies. We had our first scan today, actually just got back from it. OH and I have been together for 5 months now, plan to get married once he gets done with school in December and starts working. We're so happy, great relationship....a hella lot better than my last. Ive already met his family and hes met mine over the holidays; my family LOVES him....Im not entirely sold on his family loving me. Long story short they weren't too thrilled about his brother having a son withhout being married first and I have 2 with my ex - fiancé (we were never great tgether as a couple and I kept putting off getting married for this reason). Current OHs parents know this and his mom understands and is more accepting of this than his father.

Anyway, flash forward to today when he was originally going to tell his parents we're pregnant for my sake. Well, at the scan we found out that were having TWINS. This is fine with us, or will be after the initial shock goes away. LOL. The problem with this is hes still in school and in NC JUST for school. We had talked about having kids and hes a great "father" already with my kids.

His parents know nothing about me being pregnant. We have no idea how to tell them that without it starting drama, let alone the twin thing. I am hoping you lovely ladies could share your wisdom and creativity to help us find a way.

TIA. ♡

That's a tough one. If it were me I would do a quiet sit down and tell them over coffee or supper. If theres a chance they could react negatively then they might appreciate in the future not having done it in front of a ton of family.
If they don't flip or overreact, they might also appreciate a one on one with you two to discuss any concerns they have in private.

I'd still announce in a big flashy way to the rest of the family, twins calls for a big reveal! Once mom and dad have digested the news and are comfortable with the big announcement to everyone else.

Congrats!!!

DH and I were expecting twins, we had decided that we would not tell the family about it being twins. We wanted to surprise everyone the day they were born. You could do that...it would ease into the surprise.

As for telling DH's family. I am letting my DH decide what is best for his family and I decide what is best for my family. It works for us because we each know our side better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"