Help hungry baby!

excited2010

Reaction score
Hi there ,
My baby girl is almost 4 weeks old and is so so hungry! Wanted to breastfeed her at start but had many problems so ended up bottle feeding..
At certain times especially at night she is so hungry and just wants to feed and feed and feed - its like there is no filling her. She also has a lot of dirty nappies almost every time I change her it is dirty. I read somewhere that bottle fed babies should only have 1 dirty nappy a day ? Im thinking of changing her milk she is on Cow and Gate 1 to maybe the Hungry Baby milk or the comfort milk. Does anyone have any advice or help ?Thanks

How often does she feed hun? i have a very hungry baby too! Jayden was on 2oz right after popping him out.. now he's on 4-5oz every 2-3 hours (extra hungry SMA) i changed him to hungry milk because he was feeding every hour.. which was so tiring.
xx

speak to your helth visitor i was the same but on aptmal

she advised me to up the oz first nd try that which i did for 2 weeks and although he drank it all the extra oz was coming back in sick so i made decission to go to hungry baby myself at 6 weeks and although had few issues to start with, ihave nocited difference in how he drinks on other stuff he spat loads out side of mouth while drinking and could use 2 or 3 bibs per feed but on hungry baby stuff i can use same bib for 2 feeds as long as he not sick

as for the pooping i am not sure as my little man goes once a day if i am lucky normally every other day

x

he spat loads out side of mouth while drinking and could use 2 or 3 bibs per feed but on hungry baby stuff i can use same bib for 2 feeds as long as he not sick

Is the hungry baby stuff a bit thicker than the other one? Because we find that Rosie tends to lose a lot out the sides of her mouth if we use a teat that's too fast for her. Maybe the hungry baby formula is thicker and comes out a bit slower so he can get more of it down?

Excited2010, how much is she taking and how often?

I had a very hungry baby too, on her first week HV told me to put her onto 4oz because 3oz just wasn't settling her, then she very quickly went upto 5oz so HV said to switch to hungry baby milk where she still had 5oz haha so it didn't really work but ask your HV about switching it may work.

She is taking 4-5 oz every 3-4 hours and then at night she could just feed constantly . last night i was feeding her almost every hour . hate to moan but this cant be normal!!? my hv is crap and just said give her water and just keep feeding her . i think i will change to huingry baby and give it a try. it couldnt be any worse.. any advice on the nappies ? do you think its ok to have this many dirty nappies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->