HELP!!! I can't feel my baby moving?!

bex3614

Reaction score
Im crying my eyes out and panicking! Have just gone to bed, and usually when i lay down baby wakes up...so was expecting it tonight, but nothing... ive been prodding my belly for at least 15 mins now and still nothing?! My tummy feels quite squishy too and not as hard as it usually does. I was trying to decide today whether id noticed reduced movment cos it didnt feel as much as normal (baby is usually really active!) but heard its normal for the movement to decrease slightly later on in pregnancy, and i have felt the odd kicks which reassured me. But usually when i poke my belly a few times he/she wakes up and will kick back... I'm still trying this now?! I don't know what to do, im ready to call the hospital anytime soon if it doesnt start moving, but i don't want to wait too long!

Dont panic hun, sometimes they've just moved into a new position that they like and dont move too much. Get up, get moving. Eat something sweet drink something cold and keep trying to get baby to wriggle. If you're still worried after an hour go to hospital to get checked out.

this happened to me yesterday, have a cold glass of water and try again, they like to worry us i think x

Yes, movements do start to slow down around this time because baby is getting bigger and running out of room. I noticed a change in movement pretty much overnight about 10 days ago - I think LO went through a growth spurt.

Call your doctor/midwife. They'll either have you come in, or they'll tell you to lay down for 30-60 minutes and do a "kick count" and then go from there.

hey, i wouldnt panic, i did the first time that happened, My daughter has weird sleeping patterns, and she can stay still for a while, and i try everything to get her to move and she wont. then when she decides to kick me, she will and she does, i hope you are ok. dont worry about it, <3 xxxx

Drink a glass of icy water and rest for a little while and see if there's any movements.

Thankyou girls, im having a glass of cold water now as we speak. I'm aware of movements being reduced, im just really concered about baby not moving when im poking my belly! Usually when i poke for a while he/she wakes up and will kick back once or twice. But nothing yet... i've been poking for about 20 minutes!
And bellys gone very soft, can't feel any lumps or bumps?!

i agree with the other lady drink some thing cold that's what my midwife told me hope you feel baby

Hey, I was exactly where you were last night, so I understand completely and hope you're ok. Try lying in your left side, nice and still after a cold drink/sugary snack...poke, prod, and if no luck, in case your baby is lying awkwardly (as mine ended up doing last night) if you can manage it, lie on your tummy (if you don't feel anything on your left side after around half an hour). I say lie on your tummy as this should help you to feel smaller movements from your little one. I'm 31 weeks gone, did thus last night, felt little moves but was still worried, popped to see mw this morning, heartbeat perfect, she just Lay sideways facing in so I couldn't feel her grooving as much as usual. I did also call my l&d ward last night, around this time, but they said they would not Do anything until I hadn't felt her for 24 hours...sure they're all different but just wanted to let you know. Sending happy thoughts, big kicks

Its what my little stubborn girl does, i try my hardest for her to move when i want her to, but she wont on my demand, she shows me who is boss and will move when she wants. x

Hi there,

Please call your midwife of hospital and ask to be monitored. If you've tried all the usual things to get your baby moving and he/she is not then you need to get checked quickly.

Babies do run out of room but it does NOT mean that they slow down or kick less, in fact you should feel more pronounced movement the further along you get.

Please get checked just to be on the safe side, and dont let them fob you off or make you feel like youre being a pest, its there job to look after you and your baby.

Take care, :hugs:

xmagsx

Try not to panic. Your baby could be in a deep sleep right now, and you'll see when he/she is born that it will be able to sleep through lots of noise and chaos!

After drinking a cold drink, lie on your left side for a while and see if that helps. But if you are worried, then don't hesitate to get checked out. Good luck and please let us know if you feel any movement soon. xx

One thing that has worked for me before when I worry that I haven't felt her move for several hours (and water or a sugary snack doesn't work) is I get a bright flashlight and shine it right up to my tummy for a second or two then go to the other side for a second or two.

Good luck. I hope you feel her soon!

Ahhhhhhhh! Relief, just been laying on my left side for a while and just felt a few big kicks :) i dont think i'll call midwife now ive felt this, although i will be keeping a close eye out now! Thankyou for all your reassuring comments! x

I'm so happy for you!!!

It's the best feeling in the world when you think something is wrong - just to know your little one is safe and okay.

So glad you are ok! I had the same thing where my stomach went soft. I had a dr's appt that day and realized that she got into a ball in my pelvis and she was moving, I just couldn't really feel it. I have a doppler at home and it has saved me from losing my mind! So glad you got your kicks! :)

My sin has really slowed down a lot with movement this last 10 days, he always seemed to wake up when I went to bed but sometimes now I don't feel anything for ages, then suddenly I will get a little reassuring kick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->