HELP !! Increase in movement normal at this point??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by MrsLo, Jan 28, 2011.

1. MrsLo

MrsLo Well-Known Member

Hello ladies... I feel paranoid.
    I know it's normal for baby's movements to slow down when you are full term. I know I am out of room.
    But for the past hour or so my little Bean has been moving like CRAZY!!! I'm talking rolling all over.... feet and hands popping out all over the place. He's moving really fast. Is this something I should be concerned about? He has never been this active... especially not for this long.

2. stellababy

stellababy Well-Known Member

maybe the baby is ready to come out :)

3. MrsLo

MrsLo Well-Known Member

I hope that's it!!
    It just worries me that maybe something is wrong and he's frantic or something.
    Ahhh I'm so paranoid. I need to not be pregnant anymore... It's making me crazy.

4. kayp

kayp Well-Known Member

Aw, wish I could give some advice, but I'm on baby #1 and I'm not that far along yet. Didn't want to read and run. I'm sure baby is just gearing up for his big debut!

5. stellababy

stellababy Well-Known Member

i am sure nothing is wrong- there is no such thing as too much movement. they only tell you to worry if there is not enough movement

6. shelbyfakla

shelbyfakla Well-Known Member

my little girl been moving none stop for the last 3 days!!! my doctor told me only worry if there isnt enough movement then get checked

7. Hunnybear

Hunnybear Pregnant - 1st Time

Although I hope that this isn't the case with the OP, a drastic increase in movement or change to usual pattern can actually be a sign of distress so the comment that there is no such thing as too much movement is incorrect. Additionally it could signify something less scary but that may also require monitoring such as contractions that you aren't feeling but baby is. Either way it is best as this point to jus get checked out, as at this point the baby should have an established sleeping pattern and this could be either thing.

8. welshprincess

welshprincess mum of 3 handsome boys

i would give the mw a ring just to be sure hun, dont wanna scare anyone but as HUNNY said increased movement can also be due to a number of thing, distress, contractions etc or could just be active that day. But for peace of mind ring the mw

9. 3011busyyear

3011busyyear Well-Known Member

My baby is going through a change in pattern at the moment.
    Used to get more movements before bed, but now it's usually about 2am, I get rapid and really uncomfortable movements, then nothing for the rest of the day/night, she goes really quiet.
    Have been worried so many times as I go all day and evening with very little movements, then just as I start to panic, wham! There she is :haha:
    I've decided that she is days away from birth and is getting ready to launch so I've personally chosen not to stress, but depending on what makes you feel better you could make that call if it helps.