Help! IVF Pregnancy measuring small and weak heartbeat

Kep89

Reaction score
IVF measuring behind and slower heart rate? Help!

Hi ladies. I recently went through IVF (in vitro fertilization) after trying to concieve for over 2 and 1/2 years. I was so happy to finally get a positive test but now I feel like it's all been taken away from me.
My hcg levels were great at week 4, 4 and 1/2 and 5 1/2 and my fertility clinic were very positive. They even took me off progesterone at 5 weeks.
I went and had ultrasound at what my clinic says is approx 7 weeks (due to ER being on the 6th of May and transfer of 5 blastocyst on the 11th May) but only measured 6 weeks 2 days. They said that they could see a faint heart beat too which I thought was positive initially until they said it was only at 80 and looked very concerned. - this was not at my clinic as we have to travel there so have another scan booked on Tuesday but man the wait it killing me I'm so stressed and upset.

If I went off my first day of last period then it wouldn't be a week behind would be 4 days.

I don't know I'm so confused and scared is there anyone else out there that has gone through IVF (in vitro fertilization) and had growth a week behind and low heart beat at first ultrasound. Is there any hope?

No advice but just wanted to say I hope its all a blip and hopefully little one will catch back up x

I don't really have any advice, but I just wanted to wish you luck for your next scan! I really hope everything turns out okay. Xx

No advice unfortunately but just wanted to wish you luck. Don't lose hope yet :hugs:

Ahh :( sorry you're dealing with this.

Transfer date of may 11 puts you today at 7w3d. When was your scan? I've done too many ivfs to count unfortunately and to have a scary scan is heartbreaking. I would say being behind a few days itself is not an issue but that combined with a low fetal heart rate is usually an indication of miscarriage. You count based on the egg collection date and transfer date so Saturday may 20th is considered 4 weeks preggo. You can't go on lmp when doing ivf. Heartbeat should have been closer to 120 (def higher than 80) at 7 weeks. There have been people who have had a positive outcome in your situation so you'll have to wait for follow-up to know for sure. I'm sorry you're going through this :(

I really hope they just didnt get a good heart rate reading becuase it wasnt in the ideal place or something...fingers are glued crossed for you and I'm so sorry that you have to wait a whole week! Miracles happen xxx <3 xxx

My re said he wasn't concerned at all at that early of a stage unless it seemed to be over a week behind. Sometimes, especially if you did a fet, they just start off a little slower. As far as the heart rate, I'm not really sure. It could be that it's just starting up so it will be slow and rapidly speed up every day. I hope that is the case for you and this ends up just being a very short, although scary, blip on the story of your miracle baby.

Just thought I needed to update and thank the ladies that tried to keep my hopes up. Unfortunately my wee ones heart had stopped beating.

I'm so sorry kep, thinking of you xxx

Sorry for this outcome:( I'm sure your forever baby is on their way, don't give up xx There is a long term trying to conceive section here with some lovely people with similar stories giving each other hope, regain your strength and grieve for this little one , we are here if you need us xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->