HELP!!! Legal Question!!!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Jade--x, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Jade--x

Jade--x Guest

My ex is taking me to court over access to my son (even though I have never denied him this hes just not bothered to come) and I have found out that he is planning on putting photos of my little boy on facebook against my wishes. I told him from the beginning I didnt want him putting any photos of him on the internet or msn.

Can anybody tell me can he do this without my permission?
    And if he does is there any legal action I can take against him?

x

2. navarababe

navarababe Mummy To Brooke :-)

Hey hun, didnt want to read and run, not to sure what you could do about your situation, normally in courts men dont have a leg to stand on, thats just what ive heard around here, not to sure if its any different to where you are.

Putting pictures etc on the internet against your will is ilegal and he can get into trouble for it i think (dont quote me on that one)

Hope you get ur situation sorted out hun and it all works out for the best. :hugs:

3. babezone

babezone Well-Known Member

the court should hopefuly jus be quik and sorted if ur letting him...ul probably find u wil have to set certain times etc for him and ul hav to keep to that....as for the photos if u contact facebook stating his ur son and u do not wish for pictures to be up. xx

4. Gwizz

Gwizz Boys Rule!

have u actually got court summons/papers?? u never know he may just be bu*llshi*ing and cant be bothered - like the visiting.

I agree facebook will remove if asked, state that its against the Data Protection Act 1998 as the legal guardian of ur child u request the removal.

xx

5. Jade--x

Jade--x Guest

Yea Iv had solicitors letters & things..and lets just say his solicitor is no more well mannered than he is to say the least. And basically said I have to do mediation or and I quote 'it will be a court matter very quickly'
    My own solicitor was disgusted tbh..
    Iv had nothing but trouble off my ex since the day we got together..that only got worse when I got pregnant (hence him bein ex! lol)
    x

6. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

i used t work with young people taking them on trips etc and we had to get the parents to sign a form so we could take pictures of them, which we'd take for promotional purposes to show what the project did for young people, so you definitely need permission for it if the child is under 16 but am not sure as he is the parent....

maybe you could seek help from citizens advice? they'd probably know the ins and outs, hope everything gets sorted soon

7. Gwizz

Gwizz Boys Rule!

I hope it gets sorted, its sounds like the mediation could turn into a slanging match between the solictors as well :s I would do the mediation just in case it does go to court. that way they cant turn round and say things about access and behaviour against you.

At the end of the day dont worry too much, it always comes out in the wash :) you have a loving son and thats all you need, dont let him get to you :hug: