Help! Likes shawl not grobag?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by oxfairycakexo, Jun 7, 2011.

1. oxfairycakexo

oxfairycakexo Well-Known Member

Vinnie is almost 5 weeks old and for the first four weeks we swaddled him in a blanket/shawl at night and he slept well and was settled but now he's started to move and kick around we've been using a grobag.. the only thing is he's really unsettled in it, takes hours to settle.

Well last night we swaddled him in a shawl to see if it really would make a difference and he slept from 8pm - 4am, had a feed then went straight back to sleep until 8:30am!! So he obviously doesn't like the grobag.. :wacko:

I'm worried though, what with all the rules and regulations regarding cot death etc.. worried he'll kick the blanket up over his face and we'll be sleeping and won't know :nope:

Has anyone else got a fussy baby or does anyone have any advice or ideas please?

Thanks x

2. Peardrop

Peardrop Well-Known Member

At the age he is I'd go with the swaddle. If you are worried you can buy a proper one. Wean him into a sleeping bag in a few months when he starts to roll. By this time his startle reflux will have calmed. Great sleeping btw!

3. DCS

DCS Well-Known Member

my LO is 3 months old and we still swaddle him, we just brought him a blanket from boots i think. he loves it. and now he is getting abit big for it we brought him a bigger size, which is more like a grow bag but still keeps his arms in place. i figure he will let us know when he is ready for his bag.

4. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

We only ever used blankets. Our LO hated the sleep bag.

5. red balloon

red balloon Well-Known Member

We swaddled until 3 months without any problems. We had the gro swaddle blanket and it never got over her face. Nice and thin too. Hope you find something that works for you x

6. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

We still swaddle and pop a blanket over LO, I prefer blankets anyway, and so does my LO

7. Jem88

Jem88 Guest

We did swaddle, but with it being really hot the other night we just put a thin blanket over her and she slept well, so now we're just using a blanket. :)

8. hb1

hb1 Mummy to Oliver

look at the woombie swaddle - you can get a convertable one where armholes can open up to allow it to be like a grobag