Help! Likes shawl not grobag?

oxfairycakexo

Reaction score
Vinnie is almost 5 weeks old and for the first four weeks we swaddled him in a blanket/shawl at night and he slept well and was settled but now he's started to move and kick around we've been using a grobag.. the only thing is he's really unsettled in it, takes hours to settle.

Well last night we swaddled him in a shawl to see if it really would make a difference and he slept from 8pm - 4am, had a feed then went straight back to sleep until 8:30am!! So he obviously doesn't like the grobag.. :wacko:

I'm worried though, what with all the rules and regulations regarding cot death etc.. worried he'll kick the blanket up over his face and we'll be sleeping and won't know :nope:

Has anyone else got a fussy baby or does anyone have any advice or ideas please?

Thanks x

At the age he is I'd go with the swaddle. If you are worried you can buy a proper one. Wean him into a sleeping bag in a few months when he starts to roll. By this time his startle reflux will have calmed. Great sleeping btw!

my LO is 3 months old and we still swaddle him, we just brought him a blanket from boots i think. he loves it. and now he is getting abit big for it we brought him a bigger size, which is more like a grow bag but still keeps his arms in place. i figure he will let us know when he is ready for his bag.

We only ever used blankets. Our LO hated the sleep bag.

We swaddled until 3 months without any problems. We had the gro swaddle blanket and it never got over her face. Nice and thin too. Hope you find something that works for you x

We still swaddle and pop a blanket over LO, I prefer blankets anyway, and so does my LO

We did swaddle, but with it being really hot the other night we just put a thin blanket over her and she slept well, so now we're just using a blanket. :)

look at the woombie swaddle - you can get a convertable one where armholes can open up to allow it to be like a grobag

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->