Help!!! Lower back pain. :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by TigerLady, Apr 23, 2009.

1. TigerLady

TigerLady CaveTiger Clan Mama

I'm not meant to to be here for a couple of more days, but I thought you ladies would have good suggestions for this, so I am crashing a bit early. :blush:

My lower back (lumbar area and slightly higher) has started to ache. :( Does anyone have good stretching/exercising hints to help relieve this? I know it will only get worse!

I live in a small town, so there are no prenatal yoga or exercise classes. I don't even have access to regular prenatal classes! So, I thought I would rely on your expertise!

I have an exercise ball and stretch bands at home I can use if anyone knows of good tips specifically for these tools.

Thank you, Girls!!!

:hug:

2. Ravelyn

Ravelyn Well-Known Member

Suggestions for you hun...

1) When you are laying down for a nap/sleep, use a relatively firm pillow between your thighs/knees to keep the pressure off your back. Tuck a softer pillow under your left hip and lower back to stop yourself from rolling over onto your back at night.
    2) When you are sitting on the couch, put a couple of soft pillows behind your back and raise your legs up. Again, this relieves the pressure on your back.
    3) Warm baths with epson salts is a perfect way to sooth sore muscles.
    4) Do not cross your legs, or tuck them under you when you are sitting up. Cross feet at the ankles. Good posture is a definite thing to remember while pregnant.

Good luck hun.

3. wishingonastar

wishingonastar Well-Known Member

hey chick, there's an online pregnancy yoga site...if you go to the search facility on bnb and put yoga in there the thread about it should come up

also, have you tried a bump support to take the pressure off your back? you can get them quite cheap on line and at a baby store more than likely...they're like a firm band that fits under your bump to spread the weight better

4. TigerLady

I've heard that those bump support bands actually make back pain worse...? :huh: Have you used one?

5. wishingonastar

wishingonastar Well-Known Member

well i've got one i got off ebay but not tried it yet...i'll try it on over weekend and if it fits i'll wear it for a while and let you know how comfy it is!

6. TigerLady