Help me pick a meal!

Floralaura

Reaction score
We are off out tonight for a meal, when I go I usually have the hunters chicken with chips..this is off cause of the diet and diets and that much cheese do not mix! haha This is the menu here, whats healthy but yummy that you would choose? I usually just go for the hunters chicken and dont vary my coices so I have no idea what to go for :blush:

https://www.partyatthepub.co.uk/bars/the-clywdian/menus/

Not had a proper look at the menu but you could go for steak, jacket pot and a side salad?

Hunters chick is lush & good.
get low fat cheese if possible, just have to ask if not, dont eat the cheese, chicken is very good souce of protein, avoid any fat areas if you can see it.
instead of chips get a plain jacket, ask for a side salad :)

forgot to say: bacon... see if can get it grilled? if it isnt already, i personally enjoy abit bacon here & there.

Oh my, I guess we all speak English but to me (Canadian) I don't understand half of that menu, LOL

Prawn cocktail is going to be high protein and low fat starter. The best choice on the menu by far but of course not a filling dinner.

I would probably order a small steak and steamed veggies on the side. Don't be afraid to ask for modified foods - I was a waitress once upon a time and really, they don't mind it at all.

Oh my, I guess we all speak English but to me (Canadian) I don't understand half of that menu, LOL

Prawn cocktail is going to be high protein and low fat starter. The best choice on the menu by far but of course not a filling dinner.

I would probably order a small steak and steamed veggies on the side. Don't be afraid to ask for modified foods - I was a waitress once upon a time and really, they don't mind it at all.

Got watch for some of the prawn cocktails though, they covered in so much dressing with piles of fat innit.

Ooh I assumed they would be chilled plain prawns! At least that is how they are served here, I guess its different everywhere!

Yeah, over here they're smothered in a dressing :wacko:

P.S Aliss, love the new avatar pic! So gorgeous :cloud9:

Ooh I assumed they would be chilled plain prawns! At least that is how they are served here, I guess its different everywhere!

No, prawn cocktails here are bloody lovely but amount of dressing you get with some places is unreal!

Thanks Faythe!!!

Ahh I see then cultural difference :) Yes, here it's just plain cold shrimp.

I prefer mine plain. I actually like to taste the prawns :haha:

What kind of dressing do they use? I've never heard of that

Thanks lovies, I went for
Chicken breast (180) BBQ sauce (40cals) bacon slice (80 cals) chips (250 cals) salad (10 cals) sprinkle of cheese (70 cals) diet coke (0 cals) at 5pm (cals guessed as it was a meal out so going from a google point of view lol)
So not *too* bad considering when I used to go it was a full blown 3 course meal with wine lol..I did modify the hunters chicken so it was still tasty but lower cals..and I icked OHs salad too so had a double side salad lol..
Aliss I think the praws have a thousand island dressing on them in a cocktail here but I am not 100% as I cant stand prawns so dont eat that lol

Oooh yuck! 1000 island! :sick:

Looks like you made really good choices!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->