HELP ME re tongue piercing

staycutee

mummy
Reaction score
I got it pierced one week ago and it was healing fine (at least I thought) but in the middle of the night I woke up and blood was POURING from my mouth. It was dark so I wasn't aware how much, but I was in extreme pain so stumbled to get a painkiller and water then back to bed, quite worried but thought nothing I can do in the night.

Just woke up and my face, top, pillow are COVERED in blood, I would say like a cup full and I am still bleeding. I am really worried and scared, it's very swollen again and there are like (tmi) lumps of clotted blood in my mouth and over my pillow.. ew.

What the hell???

Bleeding from the mouth always looks more than it is, but i would advise a trip to your local walk in/emergency GP ASAP. I hope you are ok :hugs: x

I would call NHS 24 and see what they advise, or go to your local emergency walk-in centre. You don't want to leave it and put yourself at risk of infection x

^im with booflebump. similar happened to my friend and she had pulled it or something a lil, making it bleed again. best getting check out tough x

Yeah I agree, best to get it looked at - I never had bleeding from my tongue piercing at all...

Sounds horrible :( I would go along to a&e or a walk in clinic because you don't want it to keep bleeding. Hope you're feeling better soon xx

Well I went to the piercing place and was told it's normal. THen it happened again when I was shopping in Oxford Street, it was so embarrasing. I'm scared of it happening again. Gonna go to the doctor in the morning

I don't think that is normal at all hun. Go to the hospital. They could've pierced it too close to your vein. Tongue piercings are risky when it comes to those veins that run under the tongue. My husband and I have both had ours pierced and they have never bled at all. Not even when it was actually pierced no blood formed. :shrug: Soaking a pillow is seriously worrying.

yes defo go to the docs ... thats not normal .. all i had was swelling no bleeding and defo not clots ...

Well I went to the piercing place and was told it's normal. THen it happened again when I was shopping in Oxford Street, it was so embarrasing. I'm scared of it happening again. Gonna go to the doctor in the morning

No it's not .. at all. .. the mouth is one of the quickest healing parts of the body and to have blood pouring out like that is not normal at all. Mine didn't bleed at all (I had it done 10 years ago) and a friend had hers done last week and there was minimal blood. There are lots of large blood vessels in the tongue .. in fact they have to carefully go between two of them for the piercing. I'd not remove it your self .. but I'd go to a Dr and get them to check it out asap...

Hope you get it figured out soon ...

hunny you defo need to get it checked out! i would go to a&e xxx

you really need to go to the doc asap could ypou gp to the walk in center? x

Yikes. I would have freaked out and taken my piercing out if that had happened to me. It's possible you tore it though, so I would definitely get it checked out by a Doctor, since the place you got it pierced at said it was "normal." My sisters, husband, and I all have our tongues pierced, and none of ours ever bled -- theirs became very swollen because they didn't take care of it correctly, but that's the worst that happened.

I hope you're okay. :hugs:

Definately get it checked. Swelling is normal - a pillow soaked in blood is not!
Ice stems bleeding, so if it happens again, try holding some ice near the stud. I've never had any bleeding from my tongue piercing xxxxx

Echo what the others have said..I had minimal bleeding when my tongue was actually pierced and then none at all after that and at all since (4 years) Definitly not normal hun!! :nope:

Id get to the Docs/Emergency Walk-In Centre as soon as you can :hugs: As other girls have said, its risky with the blood vessels in your tongue :hugs:

I went to A&E last night as it happened a few more times and she said its not infected, looks fine and it just happens to some people although its not "the norm". It hasn't happened since. I feel better now I know there is nothing majorly wrong. Thanks everyone

Glad all is okay! Heres hoping it doesn't happen again and it heals nicely :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->