Help me solve a playful argument with hubby

Bella12

Reaction score
I became really sick 3 dpo. I threw up for hours and had the runs. My husband said your pregnant. I said you don't get morning sickness 3 dpo. Then I got sick again 5 dpo and again 7 dpo. The same thing....intense uncontrollable vomiting. I figured maybe food poisoning or a weird stomach bug.

I knew I was pregnant about 10 dpo because I kept waking up really nauseated at 3am. I remembered feeling that way when I was pregnant with my son although not until 7 of 8 weeks pregnant (it was very mild).

My husband swears that I got morning sickness 3 dpo. What do you think? I personally don't think a pregnant lady has symptoms until after missed period.

With my son I really didn't feel sick or hand craving or anything.

My immediate thought is maybe twins?!! That would exaggerate the symptoms and sooner I think. But I am no doctor. :haha: :shrug:

Implantation doesn't happen until at least 5dpo I believe. So at 3dpo it would just be the progesterone which is there pregnant or not. The stuff later on tho could be ms.

My immediate thought is maybe twins?!! That would exaggerate the symptoms and sooner I think. But I am no doctor. :haha: :shrug:

It better not be twins. Lol. I'm 5ft 2 in and 95 pounds. I don't know if my body type is made for that. Lol. Secretly they are cute but twice the work. Compared to my first pregnancy (boy) the syptoms are exaggerated.

Implantation doesn't happen until at least 5dpo I believe. So at 3dpo it would just be the progesterone which is there pregnant or not. The stuff later on tho could be ms.

That's what I tried to tell my him.

I always used to get sickness around ovulation or just after. I asked my doctor and it's a real thing. It also means you will be more prone to having morning sickness in pregnancy. It came true for me as I had HG in previous pregnancies. I managed to escape it this time though. Woohoo!

I got sick from wine at probably 6DPO. Not vomiting but really sick to the stomach. Hubby said the same thing, "You're pregnant." I just looked at him sideways. At 8DPO I got a BFP. I didn't have actual morning sickness at all though. Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

I always used to get sickness around ovulation or just after. I asked my doctor and it's a real thing. It also means you will be more prone to having morning sickness in pregnancy. It came true for me as I had HG in previous pregnancies. I managed to escape it this time though. Woohoo!

I know when I'm ovulating because I get pain during it. I used opk to verify that the pain was ovulation. Prone to feeling sick is no fun at all. I'm glad you escaped it this time.

I got sick from wine at probably 6DPO. Not vomiting but really sick to the stomach. Hubby said the same thing, "You're pregnant." I just looked at him sideways. At 8DPO I got a BFP. I didn't have actual morning sickness at all though. Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

Thanks! I love how the men jump instantly to "You're pregnant ". He keeps telling me about his super sperm. Silly men.

I had a fainting turn about 5-6 days after we would have fallen. Thought I was just run down but thinking back it was probably a new influx of hormones swimming around 😂

Um, with my twins I had a line on my frer 3 days after transfer so implantation CAN happen quite early. But it still takes 3-5 days after O for the embryo to form so are you sure you know when O was?
If you had the runs with vomitting it was probably a bug. We all had stomach flu snd this is exactly whst happened. I'm sure ms can come with the runs but for so little hcg in your system it's quite a reaction!

Everytime I've been pregnant I've always been sick way before having a positive test lol 👀 So I always have a good feeling I'm pregnant and I am when I test lol x

Um, with my twins I had a line on my frer 3 days after transfer so implantation CAN happen quite early. But it still takes 3-5 days after O for the embryo to form so are you sure you know when O was?
If you had the runs with vomitting it was probably a bug. We all had stomach flu snd this is exactly whst happened. I'm sure ms can come with the runs but for so little hcg in your system it's quite a reaction!

I'm one of the lucky females that actually feels pain around ovulation. My obgyn said I might be hyperventilating (runs in family). As a result of the pain I have a general idea of when I ovulated. I could be off by a day. I honestly thought I was out this cycle because we only dtd on the day of ovulation.

I'm still leaning towards food poisoning because of the severe vomiting every other day for 10 days. The first day I had both diarrhea and vomiting. The rest of the days I just vomited.

This pregnancy so different. With my son I was barely nauseated. He wasn't easy pregnancy. This go-around I've been so sick and tired. Hopefully it's all good sign.

Contrats. Twins! That's twice the work. How did you feel about it when you found out?

Everytime I've been pregnant I've always been sick way before having a positive test lol 👀 So I always have a good feeling I'm pregnant and I am when I test lol x

How long did you feel sick? The entire first trimester? Did you have girls or boys?

I had a fainting turn about 5-6 days after we would have fallen. Thought I was just run down but thinking back it was probably a new influx of hormones swimming around 😂

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing dizzy spells. I still get them if I get up to quickly. :haha:

I'm one of the lucky females that actually feels pain around ovulation. My obgyn said I might be hyperventilating (runs in family). As a result of the pain I have a general idea of when I ovulated. I could be off by a day. I honestly thought I was out this cycle because we only dtd on the day of ovulation.

I'm still leaning towards food poisoning because of the severe vomiting every other day for 10 days. The first day I had both diarrhea and vomiting. The rest of the days I just vomited.

This pregnancy so different. With my son I was barely nauseated. He wasn't easy pregnancy. This go-around I've been so sick and tired. Hopefully it's all good sign.

Contrats. Twins! That's twice the work. How did you feel about it when you found out?

Have you had your blood pressure and iron/hemoglobin checked if you're feeling faint? My blood pressure is low naturally, runs in the family but if it's low iron/hemoglobin there are major impacts on baby. You do not ever want to be anemic when pregnant. I went to donate blood a few months before we got pregnant and was actually borderline low. They wouldn't let me donate so I worked hard to bring it up before we got pregnant again, there are learning & cognitive developmental delays associated with anemia (check the WHO's website for the studies).

We were totally elated, excited and crazy happy with twins. We wanted a big family and finally got it (6 years of ttc, 7 ivf's and being on the adoption list)! We'll probably still ntnp afterwards but the chances are less than 5% for me to pop out a good eggie. I also didn't want DD to be too far apart in age from her sibling(s) so this is perfect!!:dance::bunny:

Well congrats to you and your growing family! I want a big family too! At the rate I am going, I'm not sure I will get it.

I just check my blood pressure and it is really low. Ugh. I hate going to the doctor. 97/55 That's low right?

I'm pretty sure I had a really low blood pressure with my son too. I think they told me last time to drink and eat more. That hasn't been so successful this time around. Too sick.

Well congrats to you and your growing family! I want a big family too! At the rate I am going, I'm not sure I will get it.

I just check my blood pressure and it is really low. Ugh. I hate going to the doctor. 97/55 That's low right?

I'm pretty sure I had a really low blood pressure with my son too. I think they told me last time to drink and eat more. That hasn't been so successful this time around. Too sick.

Yes that's quite low. Try getting some gatorade and make Popsicles out of them. Salt your food and exercise a little everyday - just walking will help massively. I used to get so dizzy at work in my second tri last time I had to lie on the floor. I was exercising, salting my food eating lots, keep it up, feeling that faint is really hard!

Thanks! I'll definitively try that. Honestly I was shocked it kept reading that low.

If it's always been low (low is defined as anything under 90/60) then it may be normal for you. Do you know if it's typically low? I have low blood pressure, but I have always had low blood pressure so it's normal for me and not a concern. I have occasional dizziness which may be it dropping a bit more for a few seconds, but that's normal for me too. If it not normally low then it may be worth getting checked to find the cause.

And I agree with others who said likely a stomach bug or something. Doesn't it typically take about 5 days or so for the egg to even reach the uterus? I know it has to travel a long way down the fallopian tube ( and long way is relative to the size of the fallopian tube and the size of the little blastocyst, or whatever it's called in that stage)

With early sickness being so bad you may have high hcg. With dd, my morning sickness started at 4 weeks and was horrible, all day long and all night. I don't think I was ever not nauseas. I had a blood draw at 4w6d and my hcg was already over 18,000. Best of luck to you and hope you feel better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->