Help me with baby poo

suzan

Reaction score
DS has been having his diaper changed like 10 times today. I think he has diarrhea :cry:

First, it started yesterday with loosy bright yellow poo. I changed his diaper like 3 times in the evening bec he would poo that many times.

Today in the morning, he woke up and smelled bad, and he had pooed. So cleaned him, and in no time he pooed again. I swear, I changed his diaper today like 12 times :shock: :cry: His poo is watery, yellow, with little mucus.. I dont use wiped so I would wash him, and in no time, while I am putting his diaper on, he would do it right-there. He would poo water poo, I mean, with no COLOR!

Is this normal?? He didnt eat more than 5oz today, the-whole-day :cry:

Should I wait until tomorrow comes, and if he stays like this, then after tomorrow take him to doc? or should I wake up really early and take him to see his doc? I am scared about dehydration.

What should I do?!?! :cry: He seems so melted, I swear, with no energy. My mom said it could be teething?! What the heck? Does teething do this? or its something else?

That seems a bit much for teething, I've heard that diarrhea is normal with teething, but then some people say there really is no link, but even if there is that sounds like a bit too much. I would try and ride it out a bit, there really isn't much they can do for him at his age, the biggest thing is making sure he stays hydrated. Even if he won't take full bottles just try and get him to take small amounts more often throughout the day so he stays hydrated

That seems a bit much for teething, I've heard that diarrhea is normal with teething, but then some people say there really is no link, but even if there is that sounds like a bit too much. I would try and ride it out a bit, there really isn't much they can do for him at his age, the biggest thing is making sure he stays hydrated. Even if he won't take full bottles just try and get him to take small amounts more often throughout the day so he stays hydrated

So u r saying that no need to go to doc and try to let him feed to satay hydrated?

I wouldn't rush out to the dr right now, if it keeps up over the next day or so I would take him in since he is so young, but right now the most important thing would be to make sure he stays hydrated

I wouldn't rush out to the dr right now, if it keeps up over the next day or so I would take him in since he is so young, but right now the most important thing would be to make sure he stays hydrated

Ok thanks! Will have to see what tomorrow brings!!

I'd keep up his feeds, maybe a little more frequent... babies can have funny things last 24-48 hours without any major issues.

Although, if it were Jasper I'd be inclined to take him into the free childrens clinic nearby my house - its just really conviniant and they're really understanding of jumpy mummies.

I'm sorry I disagree with not taking him to the doctor now! I only say this because that you said he was melting with no energy and that is a possible warning sign for dehydration and other problems. I was told when my LO had diarrhea and the flu to bring her in immediately if she went listless.

In the meantime, I would get the stuff that you mix with water for dehydration. It's called ORS here but I'm not sure what it would be called in other places.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!!!!!!

i would go to doc if baby is restless and thats going to poo lots!!! ella had a bit of a runny bum and i called NHS direct and they said if she was feeding ok then should be fine but if she stopped go to doc or A&E as dehydrated babies can get seriously ill very quickly. try getting some water in him but if it goes on longer than 24hrs get to the doctor! xx

if your in the UK call NHS direct, they are very helpful! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->