Help, milk / let down vanishing 9 months in :(

babypowder

Reaction score
Hello,

Hoping someone can offer some advice. I have been EBF for 9 months and for the past few months my LO has fed at 2/3am, 5/6am, has an expressed bottle at 9am (ready for nursery next week), I express at 1pm, he feeds at 3pm and then 7pm and I express at 10pm.

However the amount I express at 10pm has been decreasing and I now get 2oz when used to be 4oz / 5oz. Also my letdown is taking ages to arrive, resulting in a frustrated little boy.

He doesn't have any interest in nursing more and I will struggle to fid the time to express more, especially once back in work.

Does anyone have any advice? I don't want to stop feeding :cry: x

So you pump twice a day, on top of nursing 4 times a day... sound about right? Have you thought about dreamfeeding at 10pm, and pumping in the morning (when you supply should be at it's highest)?
I suppose you could cut back on solids, to encourage more nursing at home. Try messaging your breasts before you nurse. Eat some oats, and make sure you're drinking enough water. Is there a possibility you could be pregnant? I know that can effect the flow of milk/taste. How long are you pumping for at 10 & 1? Could you pump longer?

I'm not much help as I don't pump often.... just trying to think of ways to make it work better for you. :flower:

So you pump twice a day, on top of nursing 4 times a day... sound about right? Have you thought about dreamfeeding at 10pm, and pumping in the morning (when you supply should be at it's highest)?
I suppose you could cut back on solids, to encourage more nursing at home. Try messaging your breasts before you nurse. Eat some oats, and make sure you're drinking enough water. Is there a possibility you could be pregnant? I know that can effect the flow of milk/taste. How long are you pumping for at 10 & 1? Could you pump longer?

I'm not much help as I don't pump often.... just trying to think of ways to make it work better for you. :flower:

Thank you, yes that's about right. I could try and pump in the morning and then the afternoon, I just feel tied to the pump! My work aren't the most understanding but hopefully I'll be able to schedule my diary around that.

I haven't tried a dream feed as I use the amount I pump at 10pm for breakfast cereal as my LO has a milk intolerance and I have a dairy free diet to help that. I tried cutting back solids but he was just hungrier during the night which is exhausting!

Will try massage, and oats, I bought some today actually. I drink a fair bit of water.

I pump for about 20 minutes a time and that's all I can manage with my LO here. I'm not pregnant, I am TTC but no period yet so I think it's quite unlikely that it'll happy any time soon. Certainly for me to be pregnant now would be nothing short of a miracle :haha:

Thanks again xx

the week before my period is hell on us. my milk supply drops to really low levels. Is it possible yours is coming?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->