HELP!! My 2 month old LO is TEETHING!!!

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
yes...teething!!!..shes just now two months old....she started drooling which she never did before...shes been chewing on her hand for the past few days..and is cranky as hell..fighting nap times...when she does sleep she finally goes down for 3-4 hours.... what do I do?!? I dont think they are coming through the gums just up to the top..but still..its making us both miserable...

Unfortunately you'll just have to suck it up and get through it. Sophia started about the same time and she still has no teeth.

Hannah started about the same time, and cut her first at 6 months. She is now working on two Lon the top. I have found the amber necklace very helpful.

mine's the same way. no teeth cutting through yet though... sigh...

she does love to play with (and gnaw on) her burp cloths or blankets or stuff like that when you toss it in her lap. someone told me to get a wet washcloth that's been in the freezer and let her play with it so she can get the cold in her mouth. i hope it works, haven't tried it yet though...

I ordered a teething necklace thing a few days ago but will be a while till it gets here

Sophie started at the same age, but still no teeth :). Luckily they're phases!

My little man started teething at the same time and then a month later (when he was 3.5 months old) his first tooth appeared closely followed by the second one next to it. We first felt the sharp point along the gum line and it took a while to emerge but he was better once it did.

I would recommend teething gel and teething rings etc. It is so difficult, so I understand your pain. My baby would find it difficult to nap too and it was exhausting. Luckily he was okay during the night. It will get better though and it does sound like her teeth will break through soon. Best of luck x

corey started teething at 3 months and now has 3 teeth. teething is horrible but u just have to grin and bare it.

teething powders, gels and cuddles

I was wondering the same thing my lol will be 2 months next week and hes been dribbling so much hes gettin a rash all on his chin neck and chest, literally all under his neck gets a dribble all ova it and this morning he has woke up with red/hot cheeks i thought it was to early to start teething????

Mylo is the same dribbling, sucking and chewing on hand chewing dummy. Its aore gums no teeth yet. Justgotta stick it out, i use teething gel on her gums and if she gets v.grumpy i give her some calpol. Xx

jake has started this he was bad last night, i used bonjela teething gel and he seems to settle for a bit xx

My first started dribbling/chewing/being cranky from about the same age but didn't cut his first tooth until he was 13 months old - yes 13 months!

Just wait and see as it may be something completely different and not teeth at all :)

I hope she settles for you soon x

Aleena has been teething since 8 weeks and is now 9 months in 2 days and still.. NO TEETH! :haha:

We've been teething since about then, and no teeth yet. Good luck.

lol..wow..I hope the earlier they start teething doesnt mean the later they get teeth lol lol...

lol..wow..I hope the earlier they start teething doesnt mean the later they get teeth lol lol...

The thing with Owen was that he soon stopped moaning and was just a dribbly/chewy baby - then when the teeth started to appear they would just come overnight without any fuss at all!!

My LO started around the same time and her first ones popped through just after 6 months. If she's having trouble sleeping try some infant tylenol just before bed.
I was reading an article that they don't recommend those teething gels anymore because if they swallow it their throats could be numbed and they could choke. I only used them once and I couldn't get the gel on her gums right because she was too squirmy so I gave up and just use general pain relief (tylenol and ibuprofen) when she really needs it.

we were recommended anbesol liquid, just a small amount on your fingertip rubbed on the gums and it worked a treat.

As for the dribbling and rashes, slap on some Vaseline, my LO had a terrible rash and Vaseline was the only thing that got it cleared up, combined with Dribble Bibs, they are like little bandannas with a press stud fastener and a soft material that draw dribble away and stop the rubbing that causes the rash and also keeps the Vaseline off clothes.

hope this helps.

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->