Help! My bf is pulling my house down!

Elliebank

♥Mummy to Katie & Ethan♥
Reaction score
My bf is a plasterer/builder & yesterday fitted a new loft opening with stairs to the loft as we only had a tiny opening with no stairs. This meant he had to make the opening bigger which created a LOT of mess. Today when he's tried to patch up round the opening, all the plaster keeps crumbling away (since we've had the house, whenever we've tried to redecorate as soon as you pull the paper away all the plaster falls off - it does my head in) so he's now pulling all the wall/ceiling down on the landing, stairs & hallway so that we can redecorate & recarpet. I'm a bit of a clean freak & I HATE it!!! I'm sat here on the computer & all I can hear is wall falling down the stairs!!! I've just taken a peak & all I can see is dust. ARGH why oh why didn't we do all this before we moved in!!!!!!!!

Plus I need a wee & can't get to the bathroom :rofl:

you have my sympathies on all that the plaster is the same in my house but the problem that i have is my hubby is useless at anything like that he once tried to put a shower cubicle in and he made a right mess so i ended up with a £3,000 repair bill.

Ha ha oh dear. It's bloody typical, he was working on the house cos he had no work on - and now he's got work on, so God knows how long we're going to be without plaster on the walls/no carpet/no bannister!!

Ha ha oh dear. It's bloody typical, he was working on the house cos he had no work on - and now he's got work on, so God knows how long we're going to be without plaster on the walls/no carpet/no bannister!!

What is it with men who are builders by trade? My dad has been a builder for near on 40yrs and has a great reputation around our local community and always has lots of work on due to customers giving recommendations. Yet my parents house has been in disrepair for the last 10 years because dad started to do things and then never finished them!!! :rofl: Hopefully it doesn't take 10 yrs for your OH to get your house done! :hugs:

What is it with men who are builders by trade? My dad has been a builder for near on 40yrs and has a great reputation around our local community and always has lots of work on due to customers giving recommendations. Yet my parents house has been in disrepair for the last 10 years because dad started to do things and then never finished them!!! :rofl: Hopefully it doesn't take 10 yrs for your OH to get your house done! :hugs:

If it was left in the state it is now for even a year I would have to move out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->