help on af dates after mc???

Discussion in 'TTC After A Loss' started by clare22, Jun 7, 2011.

1. clare22

clare22 Well-Known Member

hi ladies, was just wondering on which day during m/c do you count as cycle day 1???? so very confused:shrug:

2. AliGirl

AliGirl Well-Known Member

To be honest I didn't even try to count my cycle after the m/c. I waited until my first af and then started counting again from then. Sorry that doesn't really answer your question but my feeling was that it was all a bit out of synch after the m/c so not much point in counting!

3. Mrs. J

Mrs. J Twin angels, PAL

I did a lot of research on this and asked my doctor. CD 1 is the day you get your first AF after the MC. It is not the day you miscarry or the day you have a d&c. Hope that helps! You can still probably get pregnant after a MC, but counting days is pretty much pointless. Maybe use OPK's twice a day?

:hugs:

4. clare22

thank you for your replies that is helpful. its just that i was wondering, when the doctors say af is expected 4-6 weeks after mc is that from the first day of the heavy bleeding or from when you stop bleeding altogether does anybody know??? :hugs:

5. DaisyBee

DaisyBee Mom of 2

I think they mean 4-6 weeks after the tissue is gone. The day I lost the baby (tissue vs. just blood) is the day I say I miscarried even though I spotted & then bled before then & bled after for a week.

My positive opk was 3 weeks after I lost my bean & AF was 5 weeks 1 day after. My 1st miscarriage AF arrived about 4 weeks after I lost my bean.

6. AliGirl

AliGirl Well-Known Member

I just looked back and my first af came about 29 days after I had the d&c, which is about a normal cycle length for me. Hope that helps. X

7. Mrs. J

Mrs. J Twin angels, PAL

My first AF arrived 34 days after my d&c but that was with the help of progesterone. It is possible I could have started AF on my own though, my cycles are normally long (about 37 days). I'd say if you don't get AF within 4 weeks, call your doc and ask for progesterone.

8. clare22

thank you ladies you are all so helpful ad supportive.. i am going to wait 2 more weeks as its been about 4 week since i would say i lost lo naturally.. :hugs: