help on which BF to drop next

bababas

Reaction score
hi i am in the process of going to FF.

Right now I have a 6am, 9am, 2pm and 7:30pm BF left ...

i am not sure how it is best to go about now? which feeding to stop, or try to give only a little of and then continue with FF. are there any experts with advice for me? I was thinking to cut off the 9am? he usually drinks little there. and maybe next the 2pm?

hia hun, im no expert as i cut out all day feeds first, she only had one night feed and then after a few days she dropped the night feed herself. i would suggest maybe stopping the 9am feed though. good luck hun xx

I would think from your comfort point of you the best would be the 9am then the 2pm

thank you girls. was it difficult to drop the night feed? i mean the last BF? dont the breast get full? what do you do then? or do you just make him suck a little? or just let it stay full ... just wondering what happens then ...

i basically decided on the saturday that i would stop bf, on the sunday she had a bf at 6am and then FF all day, my breasts were quite sore by about 7pm so i took painkiller and put cold flannels on them lol, i then hand expressed a little bit from each one so that they wernt as sore. She was BF during the night. i did the same the next day and night but the night after my breasts were nowhere near as sore or full and she just didnt wake for the feed in the night and has slept through ever since :) i did wake up covered in milk a couple of times, but i slept on blankets and wore about 6 breastpads in my bra lol.

Edit: she was only waking once during the night at this point anyway

hope this helps hun

xx

i basically decided on the saturday that i would stop bf, on the sunday she had a bf at 6am and then FF all day, my breasts were quite sore by about 7pm so i took painkiller and put cold flannels on them lol, i then hand expressed a little bit from each one so that they wernt as sore. She was BF during the night. i did the same the next day and night but the night after my breasts were nowhere near as sore or full and she just didnt wake for the feed in the night and has slept through ever since :) i did wake up covered in milk a couple of times, but i slept on blankets and wore about 6 breastpads in my bra lol.

Edit: she was only waking once during the night at this point anyway

hope this helps hun

xx
hope your boobies are doing fine now. im a little scared hehe. coz i sometimes get those giant stone lumps in my left breast, that is his least favorite and he sometimes wont drink it.

Interesting post - i'm also in the process of stopping. I started Amy off with a ff at bedtime (7pm) and today I replaced her 9am feed with formula. My boobs were pretty painful but it was great giving her a bottle and seeing how much she took. Usually in the morning she fusses a lot and feeds for about 30-40 mins off and on....but this morning 10 mins and her 8oz bottle was done!

I stopped recently, I used a breast pump and managed to cut down gradually over a week. I would started in the middle of the day then dropped pne a day till I was just pumping first thing in the morning and last thing at night so I could get a good nights rest. :)
onceI had cut it down to twice a day my milk started to go on its own.

I did have to pump occasionaly over the following week, but it was every other day or so. I was far to scared of mastitis to just let my boobs stay full!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->