help! only sleeps on mummys lap!!!!

wow that is a great bit of info, thank you!
i think the hardest bit is getting her to have a big feed before bed and not falling asleep while eating etc.. (my fault for always allowing her previously) as she wakes up again within the hour othrwise!
its reassuring to know it is possible to change her falling asleep habits, last night i got her to bed at 8.30pm earliest ever so far and she woke up pretty much every hour till midnight then slept till 3.30 & 6.30!
thank you!:hugs:

Jay used to fight sleep so much and it became so tiring everyday trying to get him to sleep (either bouncing / rocking / in the pram / car) and he would often wake through the night :(

At about 4 months I was so frustrated and knew I had try and get him to sleep on his own but really didn't want to do CIO.

I started off doing the pick up put down for a few days, then I would stand by his cot and shhhh and tap him gently him when he cried. After a few more days I would put him down in his cot and go back in his room every 30 seconds to kiss him on the head, until he fell asleep (and this could go on for quite a while!!)

If at any time he started screaming as opposed to moaning / whinge crying I'd pick him up and put him down again once he'd calmed down.

It took about 3 weeks and was hard work but it was sooooo worth it :D He now sleeps through the night and if he does wake he puts himself back to sleep more often than not. Also I put him down for naps / bed and he usually just goes to sleep and sometimes I have to pop in once or twice to reassure him :D

xx

I can't give you any good advice because we are having this same problem...but I wanted to say thank you for your post because it helped me to know that we are not alone. I cannot get our little one to sleep on his own either. He wants to sleep with me, and I have tried every trick in the book. It is really frustrating and mostly I worry that I won't be able to get him to sleep on his own by the time he can roll over - I don't want to worry about him sleeping and rolling over etc! I would like for him to be in a crib or bassinet by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->