Help!!! Ovulation tests saying two different thing! A on cycle day 24/25!

K

Kylietann

Okay. Basic details first.

I am on cycle day 24 almost 25.
I have a 30/31 day cycle.
I do ovulation tests every month but I don't temp.
I always ovulate on cycle day 16 or 17.
Last priod August 21st.

Sooo....now for the good stuff....

I have been using TWO different brand ovulation tests since Sept 2nd. Clearblue "advanced digital" ovulation test (where it shows either a blank circle, or flashing smiley which means pending ovulation or a solid smiley which means definate ovulation within a day. Also I have been using the First response test where I just read the lines.

Well, I finally got a definate, no doubt about it + ovulation test with first response on the 5th of sept. ( the line was def darke than the other line). That went to negative after two days, and has been nagative ever since to this day.

*Ever since the 5th of sept, I have been getting the flashing smiley on the clearblue. Finally today I got a solid smiley which is supposed to mean definate ovulation. BUT the first response test showed definate negative today!

I have used first morning urine, evening urine etc and one says + and one says negative.

What is going on? I can't ovulate cycle day 25!?

Should I not true clearblue advanced ovulation test?

Please help, this is my first time using this or any forum.

To sum it up, Clearblue shows I am ovulating today, but I have gotten negatives on the test where I read the lines since the 7th. Which test do I trust? :nope:

Thank you.

Have you taken a pregnancy test? I remember with my last pregnancy, 3 nights before I got my BFP I was testing positive on opks. I was using the 2 lines positive, one line negative opk strips. On the day I tested with a hpt, I had gotten a negative on the opk and thought it was weird that I had a positive so late in my cycle (right before expecting AF) and it turned out I was pregnant lol

Have you taken a pregnancy test? I remember with my last pregnancy, 3 nights before I got my BFP I was testing positive on opks. I was using the 2 lines positive, one line negative opk strips. On the day I tested with a hpt, I had gotten a negative on the opk and thought it was weird that I had a positive so late in my cycle (right before expecting AF) and it turned out I was pregnant.

About to take a pregnancy test here in a bit :)
It's just so confusing because I got EWCM like 2 weeks ago along with my definate + line test, and then it went negative. Now the stupid clear blue digital is saying I'm ovulating?! Ugh. Just don't know what to think. Is clearblue digital advanced not a good choice? Could I have PCOS?!!? Thank u so much for responding. I've been waiting for answers on other forums forever and nobody ever answered me, this is my first time using forums.

Pregnancy test was negative , just took one. It's just so confusing because I got EWCM like 2 weeks ago along with my definate + line test, and then it went negative. Now the stupid clear blue digital is saying I'm ovulating?! Ugh. Just don't know what to think. Is clearblue digital advanced not a good choice? Could I have PCOS?!!? Thank u so much for responding. I've been waiting for answers on other forums forever and nobody ever answered me, this is my first time using forums.

Have you taken a pregnancy test? I remember with my last pregnancy, 3 nights before I got my BFP I was testing positive on opks. I was using the 2 lines positive, one line negative opk strips. On the day I tested with a hpt, I had gotten a negative on the opk and thought it was weird that I had a positive so late in my cycle (right before expecting AF) and it turned out I was pregnant lol

Sorry I am posting like 3 times I don't know how to use these forums...I am trying to reply to you lol.
But I am going to do pregnancy test in a bit :) It's just so confusing because I got EWCM like 2 weeks ago along with my definate + line test, and then it went negative. Now the stupid clear blue digital is saying I'm ovulating?! Ugh. Just don't know what to think. Is clearblue digital advanced not a good choice? Could I have PCOS?!!? Thank u so much for responding. I've been waiting for answers on other forums forever and nobody ever answered me, this is my first time using forums.

Also....I don't get why one brand ovulation test says negative and the freakin clear blue is saying positive ovulation?

Bizarre! I have pcos I'm now on cd41 and have ewcm for the 4th time in cycle :/ I normally have 6 month cycles so each time I've been optimistic that it could be ov so covered all my bases lol

Could you check the sensitivities of the two tests? They might be different. I also tested positive on an OPK a couple of days before I got a positive HPT. :flower: (However I have also had a positive OPK the day before AF, but I think this is probably too early in your cycle for you?)

U guys I tested positive!!! Just now!! Omg. Periods not due for a week. I shouldn't have tested so early because I worry about losing the baby :(((((((( isn't it suoer common in the early weeks?

Eeeee congratulations!! :happydance:

Take your prenatals and try to relax! With each week that passes your chance of miscarriage lessens so please try not to worry! :flower:

U guys I tested positive!!! Just now!! Omg. Periods not due for a week. I shouldn't have tested so early because I worry about losing the baby :(((((((( isn't it suoer common in the early weeks?

Yes it is but you've got a BFP so your one step closer than u were before! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->