Help please, confused after docs appointment!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Amy-x, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Amy-x

Amy-x Mummy to a princess

I had a faint BFP 2 days ago, i went along to the doctors today, were i got a BFN, what do you think i should do now. Just presume I'm not pregnant? Any comments/help appreciated! x

2. notquitesure

notquitesure Well-Known Member

Amy hunny, same thing happened to me. Got 2 x BFP (faint) on Monday, BFN Tues and Wed. Had bloods done yesterday which show I've had a very early miscarriage (chemical pregnancy). Sorry your GP wasn't more helpful. If you feel you need further advice, you could ask your GP to check your HCG levels then you would know for sure. I can only go by what has happened to me so it looks like the same as happened to you, sorry... I don't know what else to say xxxxxxxxxxxxx

3. iwanta8a8y

iwanta8a8y TTC #3 ;-)

Sorry to hear about your chemical notquitesure - Amy-x - I would ask your doc to do a blood test, i guess they just used a pregnancy test yeah?

How many days late are you? Do you feel pregnant?

FX for you hun x

4. notquitesure

notquitesure Well-Known Member

Gosh, I wrote that without thinking things through thoroughly enough. I'm so sorry. Has your period started, is it late, if so how late is it ? It could be that the test used by GP was less sensitive than the one you used. I would retest in 2-3 days with a FRER or digital. Sorry for my first reply, I'm not really thinking straight at the moment. FX for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5. Amy-x

Thanks, good luck you as well.
    My period is late by about 5 weeksish.
    I really am gutted if my other preg test was a bfn and was just an evap line.
    Its heartbreaking it really is.
    And its ok about first reply, i'm sorry to hear about your chemical. :hugs:xxxx

6. Amy-x

Thanks, same to you:hugs:
    I am late by about 5weeks.
    So it would show by now!! surely?
    I think i only feel pregnant because i want to be.
    What sort of signs should i be looking for at this stage do you think?
    x

7. iwanta8a8y

iwanta8a8y TTC #3 ;-)

Oh wow, 5 weeks overdue, and the docs didnt really do anything for you? Crikey!

I would be with you on thinking if you were pregnant it should be showing by now, but to be honest we have only been ttc for 3 cycles, so i still have alot to learn, but i would have thought you would feel it in the boobs, that seems to be one of the biggest symptoms...FX for you x

I hope you dont mind, but i am going to keep an eye on you and see how you get on :hugs: xx

8. Amy-x

Well the doctor said to me, to take it as i was, and gave me leaflet on folic acid, to look through, he said to retest in about 2 weeks because if i was it would only be a few weeks pregnant, and some people don't show up for a while. My boobs only hurt when i push them in, so nothing really out of the ordinary. I just don't know what to think anymore? :cry:
    And yes thats fine:thumbup: x

9. Amy-x

i can do what later?

10. iwanta8a8y

iwanta8a8y TTC #3 ;-)

Oh right ok, thats interesting. Well fingers crossed you get your BFP in a couple of weeks, when are you going to test again? Surely before two weeks? lol, i know i would...sending you some :dust: