Help Please Just Over A Week To Go And No Name

Aidedhoney

Mum of Nats & Alex
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

Really need some help have just over a week to go and OH and i cant decide on a name, i have a 10yo from a previous relationship called Natalie.

The baby will more than likley be taken to special care at birth due to a heart defect, now its in my head that i will know when i see him what i want to call him but if hes taken right away i wont get to see him for a bit and the thought of him been in special care with no name is kinnda freaking me out.:hissy: I wont get down to special care staight away as i have to have a c section.

Am open to any suggestions, middle name will more than likley be Andrew as its kinnda OH family tradition that 1st born sons have Andrew as a middle name.
Have asked so many friends and family for ideas for both sexes as only we know its a boy and nothing:hissy:

To complicate things further i used to work in education and certain names remind me of certain children.

Also the surname is a bit funny its Smail so has to go with that.

From the day we found out it is a boy i have loved the name Alex but when i was pregnant with DD i was adamant the whole pregnancy she would be called Bethany then when i saw her bam she didnt look like a Bethany.:rofl:

Our names so far are

Noah Andrew (OH doesnt like this)
Alex Andrew (both like this)
Harry Andrew
Cain Andrew
Joesph Andrew (OH loves this one me not too sure)
Zak Andrew
Adam Andrew

Thanking all you ladies in advance beginning to get a bit stressed about it.

I like harry alex and joseph best but they are all lovely names and they all go with Andrew. sorry if thats no help, how about you pick one you really like for hospital and if he doesn't look like that chosen name you can always change it xx

I personally love

Noah Andrew

im sure you could try and convience your OH :0)

Noah is my fav at the moment have been trying all week have been refering to bump as Noah etc etc and he just scowls haha!!!!! Or he calls it Alex lol

It could be a case of no name till we get home

Call him Dumpling or something til you get home and can get to know him! He doesn't need his forever name straight away....

I like George Andrew Smail... but initials would be GAS!!

Best of luck with your C Section...

Oh, and Joseph Andrew is my fave off your list... would love a little boy to call Joe!

I love Joseph (its what our little bean is going to be called if its a boy) You can shorten it too. xx

Hello Ladies,

Really need some help have just over a week to go and OH and i cant decide on a name, i have a 10yo from a previous relationship called Natalie.

The baby will more than likley be taken to special care at birth due to a heart defect, now its in my head that i will know when i see him what i want to call him but if hes taken right away i wont get to see him for a bit and the thought of him been in special care with no name is kinnda freaking me out.:hissy: I wont get down to special care staight away as i have to have a c section.

Am open to any suggestions, middle name will more than likley be Andrew as its kinnda OH family tradition that 1st born sons have Andrew as a middle name.
Have asked so many friends and family for ideas for both sexes as only we know its a boy and nothing:hissy:

To complicate things further i used to work in education and certain names remind me of certain children.

Also the surname is a bit funny its Smail so has to go with that.

From the day we found out it is a boy i have loved the name Alex but when i was pregnant with DD i was adamant the whole pregnancy she would be called Bethany then when i saw her bam she didnt look like a Bethany.:rofl:

Our names so far are

Noah Andrew (OH doesnt like this)
Alex Andrew (both like this)
Harry Andrew
Cain Andrew
Joesph Andrew (OH loves this one me not too sure)
Zak Andrew
Adam Andrew

Thanking all you ladies in advance beginning to get a bit stressed about it.

Before I even read the list, I thought of Joseph Andrew! But I'm kind of biased as my brothers name is Andrew Joseph! :rofl: But if you both really like Alex Andrew, I think that might be a good one to go with!

Another thing to think of is, Alex is short for Alexander right? Because with Joseph, he could be called Joe, or Joey, and are those short forms ok for you? Some people aren't fans of certain short forms!

Call him Dumpling or something til you get home and can get to know him! He doesn't need his forever name straight away....

I like George Andrew Smail... but initials would be GAS!!

Best of luck with your C Section...

I think it will be a case of seeing him and his own little personality before we decided, I like George as well but have an uncle called George.

x

Nataliecn,

Andrew Joseph could be a new possibility, sounds lovely xx

I agree about giving him a nickname til you're ready to name him. We went between 2 names for days and the one I wanted just wasn't his name!!

Good luck with it all - hope everything goes really well xxx

:hugs:

Tell him when he can push the baby out himself, he can name it. Otherwise it's Noah Andrew :rofl:

Love Noah, but I'm not allowed that either! Otherwise, Alex and Harry are supercute! Good luck for C-Section xx

My favourites from your list are alex and cain, but that's just my personal preference!

Good luck deciding hun, and don't worry if he has to go down to special care before you're 100% on the name, he won't be the first or only baby in there to not have a name yet, he'll just get called "Baby Smail" which i actually think is kinda cute!

i love jayden :) i think that will be our name if we ever have a boy. very popular this year i believe.

also love joseph and jacob i like J names haha ... hope you choose one soon! xx

i like Alex think its my favourite out of the list xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"