Help please! Late AF, stretchy CM

Kitty91

Reaction score
I just want to start off by apologizing for the TMI that I'm about to post but I really don't know what's going on and it would be great if someone could help me out here. I believe I ovulated on December 3rd. Me and my DH did the BD 2 days before and 2 days after. At 8 DPO I thought I was having pregnancy symptoms (sore bbs, tiredness, nausea, etc.) so on 9 DPO I took a HPT but I got a BFN. Then at 10 DPO I started spotting which was odd because I only spot 1 day before AF arrives and she arrives every 28 days like clockwork. The spotting varied from a brownish to pinkish to kind of reddish color but was only there when I wiped. It wouldn't make it to my panty liner. On the same day I started spotting one of the times I wiped I saw what looked like a brownish/reddish colored piece of tissue. I took another test and I got another BFN. I decided to wait it out until AF was supposed to get here. I continued to spot for the next 6 days and decided to test again since AF still wasn't here but got another BFN. At this point I was kind of freaking out because I have never had a late period. Finally at 16 DPO AF showed up but not as her usual self. The first day I bled pretty lightly. I was able to use a normal tampon the whole day which is not normal for me. I usually have to use super absorbent tampons and a pad because my flow is so heavy. The next day was when it got really weird. I still had a light flow but I also had a pretty thick stretchy CM mixed in. For lack of a better description I would say that it kind of looked like clear snot (I know, gross!). There was so much CM that I had to change from a tampon to a pad because the CM was so thick that the tampon was not absorbing it and it was preventing it from absorbing much blood. Another really odd thing is that I'm having close to no cramps and I usually get killer cramps that make me stay in bed for at least 2 days. I do not know if "AF" will continue today but I'll keep posting. Does anyone have any idea what could be happening with me? My sister suggested that I might be pregnant because she had an odd period similar to mine when she was pregnant with ber first but I haven't found much help online when I google my symptoms. Any comments are appreciated :)

Don't want to read and run, but I have no idea what to tell you as I am new to this TTC thing. I would be really interested to see what other more experienced ladies will tell you. I hope you are preggy though! FX!

Do you chart your bbt?

I had not been charting last month. We just all of a sudden decided to TTC.

Sounds like af to me, but you know your body better than anyone :) when was the last time you tested?

If it is AF then it's definitely the weirdest one I've ever had :) Today my flow went back to just a little bit more than spotting. I've just been wearing a panty liner. The last time I tested was 15 dpo.

*Update*

My "AF" lasted for about 1 1/2 days and then I spotted for the next 2 days. I'm waiting for some HPTs in the mail which I should get by tomorrow.

We are sort of in the same boat! My af was due today... I have been pretty regular or early.... Last week I have some ewcm, which on friday turned to pinkish/brown "snotty" looking briefly on the tp.... Yesterday I had the same light brownish on tp, then a small brown clot, but nothing like af.....this morning just slightly lightish pink/brown on tp, nothing on the liner and no cramps..... Bfn on fri test and yesterday.... This is crazy! I'm hoping we get our bfp's!!! Keep me posted :)

Good luck. Hope it's your bfp.
I had increased cm when I got pregnant both times.

We are sort of in the same boat! My af was due today... I have been pretty regular or early.... Last week I have some ewcm, which on friday turned to pinkish/brown "snotty" looking briefly on the tp.... Yesterday I had the same light brownish on tp, then a small brown clot, but nothing like af.....this morning just slightly lightish pink/brown on tp, nothing on the liner and no cramps..... Bfn on fri test and yesterday.... This is crazy! I'm hoping we get our bfp's!!! Keep me posted :)

I hope so too! I'll let you know tomorrow if I get my BFP. I'm thinking I might because tje only time I've been pregnant I had a little bit of spotting too. Unfortunately it ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks but my Dr. said it had nothing to do with the spotting in the beginning.

I have had the weird af and the stretchy CM and was just a weird AF x sorry x

I took a HPT this morning and I got a BFP but it was barely there. I'm gonna make an appt with my Dr to confirm it

Are you spotting now or has it stopped completely? Hoping you get your bfp and merry christmas!

The spotting stopped completely 2 days ago. Thanks for the good wishes and merry christmas to you too :)

Good luck, hope its a sticker x your 'af' may have been an implantation bleed! x

What were you using as birth control? What did you do differently this month besides temping?

Before my DH and I had just been using condoms. BCP have a bad effect on me so I don't use them. This past month we didn't use condoms though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->