help please moms who already have children!

SamLandD

Expecting 2nd son!
Reaction score
sorry if this is asked too much but i have lots of clothes and baby grows in 0-3 months, do i still need to get newborn ones? i have a few newborn things and i dont know whether i should get more? its just i remember when i had my first he didnt fit into the clothes i took to the hospital (cant remember the sizes of these clothes though! but i was expecting to have a small baby)and i had to have some bigger things brought to the hospital by my family! and this baby is looking bigger at the moment (although i've seen lots of people saying babys size on scans can be wrong) so would 0-3 be too big straight away? would that matter? would the clothes be really big on him? i cant really afford to get loads of things that will be too small but i dont want him to be uncomfortable in things too big! has anyone put their children straight into 0-3? xxx

We tried to put Abigail straight into 0-3 (she was long and weighed 8lbs, so not a small baby) but she looked so little in them, they were hanging off her! I sent hubby out to get some newborn ones! To be honest she would have been fine in 0-3 but I just felt a bit sorry for her in such baggy clothes! She was only in the newborn things for a few weeks so I would not buy too many of them.

I have been given 3 newborn babygros and thats all I am taking to hosp plus a 0-3 months my first was 8lb 4 oz (my smallest baby) and newborn didnt fit her it was too snug on her feet and kept popping undone at the top wheras 0-3 was a little baggy but fitted her well enough, I really wouldnt stress about the new born sizes, if you have some already then take them to hospital with you but envelope vest etc get in 0-3 and take a couple of 0-3 babygros in with you.
I had the same problem with nappies I bought the newborn size and they didnt fit luckily the hospital has a good supply of those till my hubby at the time could replace them xx

My 1st baby was 5lbs and change so she was in premie clothes but she was full term too lol.. Im bringing a newborn,premie,0-3 month outfit. This baby is measuring alot bigger. I brought pajama shirts n clean up supplies for me..

I think Liam fit into one set of newborn clothes then off he went to 0-3. I remember he could wear either the newborn diapers or size 1 diapers, he was on the border. Maybe some onesies, a 3 pack? Then you could put jammies over it in the size you already have? Don't go crazy getting stuff, they grow out of it so quickly.

My first was 5 lbs 5 oz and the 0-3M stuff was huge. I just used the smallest ones I had and rolled the sleeves up at first.

My second was 6 lbs 14 oz and the NB stuff fit nicely and was into 0-3M stuff in a short time.

It just depends on how small baby is. My last scan was at 34 weeks 6 days and baby was measuring in at 5 lbs 2 oz... don't know how accurate that is.

thanks everyone :) my first was 7lb 10oz (born late) and this one is apparantly 4lb 1oz already (last week) so probably (if born on time not early) going to be bigger! think i will just get 3 baby grows in newborn and leave it at that (and the few things i already have) and if i have him early or hes really small then i'll have to get OH to go and get some things im just at a point now where i want to be completely ready for him! even though i have aaaages to go still lol xxx

My son was born 7lbs 3 oz and even newborn clothes were big on him! I would def invest in at least a few newborn outfits.

I've a few newborn things handed down from friends, but haven't spent any money on them. I did buy a pack of new baby vests in Mothercare because they go up to 10lbs, and I've packed a couple of sleepsuits in a few different sizes for the first day or so. It's more length than size that I'm worrying about because my LO is estimated to be quite small, but with long legs.

well we used nb sized things for a little while with dd, but she was born just under 7lbs so probably on the smaller side of average.

We didn't bother buying newborn clothes thinking 0-3 months would be fine, but even at 8lb 1 the 0-3 clothes looked so big on Joseph, so we had to go out and get newborn anyway! So I would say get a few newborn things, but as they won't be in them for that long, don't buy too many :flower: x

My DS1 was 7lb10oz and DS2 was 8lb1oz and newborns were big on them...so I would take some newborn and 0-3 just in case...i've seen both situations, where parents bring only newborn and the baby is like 10lbs, and they had to run out and get 0-3 months, but more recently they were told the baby would be 8lbs and she is a tiny 6lbs3oz, and they needed premie size for her, had to run out and buy them, and even those are big on her...so I'm taking note of that, and packing a premie outfit, though I doubt I'll need it, and newborn and 0-3 just in case. I want to have some back ups incase she's bigger or smaller than they estimate. :)

hiya, just forum hopping i hope that's ok! my DD was 6lb12 and needed small baby size, my bump was smaller 2nd time around so i got more newbaby/small baby and he was a puond heavier! fited into newborn though for a few weeks then 0-3 till last week when i had a clear out. if you're strapped for cash have a look at the buy swap and sell section on here i've saved a fortune by buying from other mums! x

My first was 9lb6 and she didnt fit in newborn, but I think that was because she was long.

This time around I have brought newborn again, but made sure on the tag they go up to 10/11lb. x

I usually go for newborn but only if they go upto 10lbs not the 7 lbish ones i have biggish babies too & they'll just get waisted x

River was 8lb 14oz so not small and he was in NB for a good few weeks.

I just got a bundle of NB stuff odd ebay for like £5

we took newborn and 0-3 to the hospital when i was pregnant with Leo.

Ended up having to phone OH to bring in some Tiny baby clothes as at full term he was only 5lb 10oz and really skinny.

I'm taking tiny baby and newborn this time round...as i still think my bump is small for 33wks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->