Help please...Newbie...Clear Blue Digi vs FRER

Donch03

2 boys 6 & 8 TTC #3
Reaction score
Hi all, just after some advice. Am in TWW 10DPO TTC #3!
Took a clear blue digi yesterday (9dpo) was BFN. What are your experiences with using these tests over any others? Really not keen on using IC can’t be driving myself mad POAS and then getting line eye!

When’s the best time to test for strong positives? And which tests are likely to be more sensitive?

Digitals are not sensitive at all. Usually it takes days after a positive on a frer or ic to get "pregnant".

I thought this may be the case. But any excuse to believe I may get a BFP LOL!!

9dpo is still early though. You have time. Fxd!

I would go with FRER at the moment. CB digi are good but they can take a while to turn positive. I didn't use those until I was 5 weeks with DS2 and had a 2-3, then at 6 weeks 3+. With DD I had a 3+ immediately, but hormones can vary a lot with each pregnancy.
I had a faint but clear line with FRER with DS2 at about 10dpo, and with DD the line was darker than the control line. Boots own early you could try, they're 15mIU, Lloyds own early are 10mIU and were reliable for me. They're about £6 for a double pack

I got a positive on a CB digital today which is 5dp5dt but I agree with everyone else they're normally not as sensitive. I would definitely try with an IC and/or frer. You could also try the CVS brand also. I got a positive IC and CVS blue dye test and that's why I decided to go for the digital. Good luck!

I like the CB digital, I like seeing it in black and white, but they are not very sensitive.
I had faint bfp's with Frer and Clear&Simple (B&M's) at 11 dpo. Didn't get a bfp on CB digi until 14 dpo.
I was surprised to get the bfp at 11 dpo on the B&M test - they're only about £1.50 for a double pack but they were as reliable as the frer.

As for when to test, personally I found my smu gave the strongest lines.

Thanks everyone this is great. Torn netween being sensible and waiting to see if AF shows up or putting my mind at rest and doing an FRER to satisfy myself I’m out this month!!!!

Stay away from the FRER digital! They are not sensitive at all! I got a NO on one of those at 15 dpo and the very next day the blood test was positive!

I would wait till atleast 2 days before af is due (i should follow my own advice lol) and as for digis i would wait till you have a good second line on a regular test or until af is late as they are not sensitive enough to rely on before that x good luck :)

With the CB digital I have only ever gotten a positive the day after AF has been due. Good luck x

Took a FRER today 12dpo and BFN that’s me out :-(

Possible you will see a slightly later positive, I saw positives at 14dpo a few cycles ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->