• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

HELP! Please say it's not possible

SteffieLee

Mommy of 3
Reaction score
So hubby and I have had 2 planned babies and one "surprise baby" (conceived the day after my period - crazy). Yes, I'm super fertile. That surprise baby is 10 months old and I am still nursing her. I'm on the mini pill and we use withdrawal as well. I had normal cycles before, except this past time when I had a normal period, then 2 weeks later I had a light period. Now I'm a week late following that other early period.

I have super sore nipples while I nurse baby and my face is breaking out and gums are bleeding while brushing which is Very unlike me. I'm having little bouts of nausea here and there. I'm hoping the nausea is in my head and I'm hoping the sore nipples and face breakout are due to an upcoming period? I need some reassurance here ladies.

I took the minipill around the same time each night but did run out of the pill about a week ago and keep forgetting to refill it. Maybe period late because I stopped taking it and threw my cycle off? Right??

Hmmm maybe. If you used missed some pills it's possible to get pregnant. Unfortunately, only a test will let you know. Keep us posted!

I agree with Kern the only way to know is a test.

My doctor told me when I went on BC that if I didn't take it within a half hour of the same time each day, it wouldn't be as effect. I didn't take the pill loyally each day when I started it (I was also BF my DD at the time) and ended up pregnant with my DS only 3-4 months after giving birth to my DD. Yes, it can happen.

That being said, the pill could also be messing up your cycles. I was also told that I could have a period, or I might not have one at all, and that I may even have random bleeds. Missing one period while on the pill is not too uncommon. On the other hand, since you're a week late you should be able to get a positive by now if you're indeed pregnant. I agree with all the others that a test is the only sure way to know.

Good luck!

I got pregnant with twins while I was breastfeeding and on the mini pill...granted I wasn't careful about taking it. I lost one twin before 6 weeks and my body absorbed him or her (only knew because they caught it at ultrasound since any pregnancy within a year of a previous birth...I was 3 months postpartum...is high risk and they monitored me closely) but apparently the odds of conceiving twins is more likely while breastfeeding, but conceiving at all is less likely...if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"