Help Please, Think I'm Doing it Wrong

Casey-Jones

New Mummy!
Reaction score
Hi

Please help, i'm formula feeding, we have been using milk from cartons but i bought the powder yesterday.

I have been boiling the water, waiting to cool, then making up feeds, putting in fridge and warming when baby wants a feed, but he has just been sicking it back up today! I can only put this down to me changing how i feed him.

Am i doing it right?

Once i've boiled the water and let it cool and made the feed, can i leave it at room temperature or do i have to refridgerate?

Thanks for any advice :cry:

i pretty much do it that way, here is EXACTLY how i do it..

fill kettle
wash bottles
sterilise bottles
wait for water in kettle to cool for 30mins
fill bottles to required amount
add required amout of powder
rapid cool in bowl of cold water for 20mins
pop in back of fridge
warm when LO needs it

and bottles are OK for 24hrs when made this way..

hope i helped...

xxx

^^^wss

They are the guidelines recommended by the world health organisation for pre-making formula.

The cartons are a different consistency to making it yourself so it could just be his tummy getting used to the change.

Thank you

I'm just so worried that i'm harming him by warming them back up, thought that might be why he was being sick :cry:

It wont do him any harm, just be careful to check temp when you do warm :) I forgot to add I pop bottle in microwave, 50secs for 7oz bottle and give a really good shake before feeding to prevent scoulding..

xx

Thank you

I'm just so worried that i'm harming him by warming them back up, thought that might be why he was being sick :cry:

No it's fine to reheat them as long as they have been stored in the fridge. Being a new mum is so scary isn't it when you are completely responsible for the health and well-being of this tiny person. Sounds to me like you are doing fine love - but speak to your hv if you need reassurance xx

Thank you

No it's fine to reheat them as long as they have been stored in the fridge. Being a new mum is so scary isn't it when you are completely responsible for the health and well-being of this tiny person. Sounds to me like you are doing fine love - but speak to your hv if you need reassurance xx

Thank you :flower:

Yeah, really scary! xx

Thank you

Thank you

how much is he bringing back sweetie?

xx

A lot. He's not been very sicky since birth atall, but he's drenched me twice today being sick. He doesn't have a temp so don't think he is ill x

hmm, I have been through episodes of this with Isobelle but she has been fine. i dont think its the way u r making the feed hun cos ur doing ir right.

are you winding him half way through?

when isobelle brings up alot its either due to an air bubble she didnt bring up before, or she has eaten too much!!

xx

[/QUOTE]

A lot. He's not been very sicky since birth atall, but he's drenched me twice today being sick. He doesn't have a temp so don't think he is ill x[/QUOTE]

hmm, I have been through episodes of this with Isobelle but she has been fine. i dont think its the way u r making the feed hun cos ur doing ir right.

when isobelle brings up alot its either due to an air bubble she didnt bring up before, or she has eaten too much!!

xx[/QUOTE]

Yeah, am trying too, maybe i didn't wind him early enough xx

Thank you

Thank you

how much is he bringing back sweetie?

xx

A lot. He's not been very sicky since birth atall, but he's drenched me twice today being sick. He doesn't have a temp so don't think he is ill x

xx

same here .... if my little one has too much she likes to give me it back!. i'm getting better at knowing when she has had enough. babies take practice! x

Thanks everyone :flower:

He's not been sick off this bottle (so far) and i've just put him down for bed. Hope he sleeps well now hehe x

no problem sweetie :)

glad he kept that 1 down

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"