Help please! TTC#1

P92

Reaction score
I am now onto my second TTC cycle, I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS and been put on Metformin.

Me and my partner are having to use a donor to help us (we are a lesbian couple), and luckily our donor is willing to help us whenever we need.

My question is, what else can I do to help with conception? I am also taking a pregnancy multivitamin as I was told this could help.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi hun :hi:

I have pcos too. Never been on metformin but was on clomid as I didn't ovulate by myself. How are your cycles? Are they long/short/irregular??

My first tips would be 1) get a fertility friend account (it's free) 2) go through the "lessons" and figure out how/if you want to track ovulation.

You can track via;

cm changes - this is free, but takes time to get the hang of and can be deceptive with pcos.
By temping - I got a digital thermometer that measures to 2 decimal places for about £3 from ebay.
And by opks - 100 cheapies on ebay are about £8 - rather than £1 each for tesco own or a lot more for clearblue!!

From there you can figure out exactly when you ov and whether there are any other issues. For example, my cm didn't match ov so I took evening primrose oil to help.

Good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->