Help please urgently

blackthickpea

Reaction score
At 15 weeks pregnant according to ultra sound doc sent me for a quad test. The lab wanted my lmp date i told them don,t go by that date since i was not pregnant yet because i have very irregular periods .they insisted on a date so i gave. That date would have me as being 21.6 weeks pregnant when according to scan i was only 15weeks. They use the lmp date to do the test itcame back positive for downs syndrome because i was only 15 weeks and not the 21.6 weeks my doc was furious when he saw the gestational age they put on the paper to do the test he gave me the results and told me take it back to the lab and demand my money back. I didn't my country is so small and backward i just left that alone. Since then i have had 2 anomally scans at different centers by professionals and they said everything appears normal. I am 24 weeks now and still so worried that my baby has downs what do you girls think help please.amnio is not done in my country i am so worried

from what you have said hun, I would try to not worry about it! the lmp mixup is the reason you got that result and if you have had 2 scans which were both normal, it sounds good!! try to relax, stressing isnt good for you or bubs!! :hugs2:

awwwww poor you - how did they give you a positive? or were you just high risk? As I understand it the only way you can get a yes or no is by amnio or CVs?

I would trust the anomaly scans rather than a test that was done at the wrong time and even the doctor said it was wrong xxxxxxxx

Ordinarily you should have had a dating scan if you have irregular periods to determine how many weeks you were and then the bloods would have been calculated with that. I know how important it is because at my scan the sonographer said if she couldn't get a proper measurement to determine fetal age, it was pointless putting it forward with bloods, as the result would not be accurate enough.

I would suggest that if you have had 2 thorough anomoly scans they would have been very good at picking up any soft markers. In fact I have decided to see what my anomoly scan shows before I decided to have an amnio as I had a high reading for my downs result.

I know it's hard but try and relax and I would suggest discussing your concerns with your care giver (I am not sure where you are if it is a midwife or consultant) to talk through what has happened.

Good luck.

I wouldnt worry, there are lots of markers for downs that are visible on the scans, such as nasal bone missing, limb shortness, heart chambers and vein in umbilical cord etc, so if these havent shown up then I wouldnt worry, aspecially asw youve had two scans. Obviously mistake has been made due to your dates. :hugs:. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->