HELP! Poss. PCOS? Vitamin version of metaformin?

Rae.Rae

Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion that I may have PCOS. The ONLY reason I would doubt that is because when I had my miscarriage, I had a couple ultrasounds to check my uterus to verify and there weren't any cysts.

However, my cycle is extremely irregular with up and down temps (I bbt every morning, 6:45am, and if I can figure out how, I would add a link to my crazy charts). I am currently on cd52 with ovulation nowhere in sight. My last cycle was 92 days long. Once I do ovulate, my luteal phase is nice and normal- it's just the actual ovulating (THE MOST FRIGGIN IMPORTANT PART!) takes forever. Type 1 diabetes does run in my family and my parents were told a long time ago that, since my brother has it, I am more likely to be insulin resistant because of that.

But I never really thought about having PCOS because no cysts were found in my ultrasounds. That doesn't necessarily rule it out though, does it?

Anyway, my main question, until I see my holistic doctor at the beginning of next month, is- are there any vitamins that can mimic metaformin? I WAS seeing an ob/gyn who I think is a big ditz. She swore left and right that she specialized in infertility- but from day one told my not to worry about temping because it meant nothing and that it's not possible to ovulate after cd18. Needless to say, I stopped seeing her after 6 months of clomid that threw my hormones off the deep end and she kept wanting to pump me with more pills (ie- more money for her with no answers).

Sorry that I got rant-y, but I'm so confused and so lost and so down about this whole thing. Going on 3 years ttc and all I can still think about is my mc in Dec 2012 and how if I had possibly done something different, my baby would be here with me...

Unfortunately, to confirm PCOS, you need to have a Dr diagnose you with certain tests. I believe the criteria are two of the three:
1. Cysts
2. Annovulation (lack of ovulation)
3. Hormone imbalance.

I'd have thought if you are ovulating & you don't have cysts then the chances are low of you having PCOS. I wouldn't really recommend taking anything similar to metformin though until you have evidence that it will help. I have PCOS, I have no cysts, but when I was diagnosed, I wasn't ovulating at all & I had a hormonal imbalance. Metformin hasn't been prescribed to me as it won't help my particular type of PCOS.

Unfortunately, I haven't had crosshairs on my chart in a long time because my temps are so crazy. I also haven't had a positive opk in a long time either. :( My dr that I was seeing did diagnose me with anovulation, but never proceeded with anything else. It's so frustrating. I keep telling myself to keep going with the more natural route for a little while longer since it does take longer to work, but still... sigh... My current holistic doctor has me on some vitamins that reduce the estrogen in my body, since he says I have too much. I also have progesterone that he wants me to take, if I ever ovulate! Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->