Help! Problem with ultrasound ):

dogmom531

Reaction score
So my doctor told me today that at my 20 week ultrasound they were having trouble locating the nasal bone and that issue is associated with Downs syndrome. We didn't get the early screens for if because we wouldn't terminate even if it came out positive. The doctor said its very unlikely that it actually is missing and more likely that the tech just couldn't see it due to the baby's positioning (she was being difficult that day). So now I'm just panicking because I'm terrified my baby girl has Downs. I go to the hospital tomorrow to get an ultrasound from a doctor to see for sure. Please someone tell me they've experienced this or something similar. I'm so upset and nervous.

I'm sorry, I haven't experienced anything similar but I just wanted to show you some support :hugs:
Good luck, I'll be thinking of you x

Crossing my crossables for you and a healthy baby.

Sending hugs for support. Hoping it was just a difficult scan day.

Sometimes it's just really difficult to get the measurements & views of what they need. When I went for my 20wk scan, the sonographer tried to check our LO's upper lip for cleft lip & it was so difficult to see! Try not to worry, the chances are so small! Especially if she's not got any other markers too.

FX for your ultrasound today, I am sure all will be fine xx

Hope all goes well today :hugs:

Update: everything is fine with our girl! Her head was turned slightly on the first ultrasound and it forshortened her nose but we found it today and all other measurements were perfect. Such a relief! Thanks for the support :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->