help - pronunciation!

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
could you please tell me how you'd pronounce these boys names (and could you also say where you're from, ie UK, USA, etc)
(my DH and I live in the UK but are not from here, so we're worried we might get it wrong...)

gael
caen
manu

thanks!
:flower:

I'm in the UK and second generation Italian.

Gay-el

Keen

Man-oo

??

I am from the US, but don't take my pronounciation too seriously as I am sure I not correct and someone else in the US will know.

gael - Gah-el
caen - Cahn? Cah-en?
manu - Man-oo

I am from the US, but don't my pronounciation too seriously as I am sure I not correct and someone else in the US will know.

gael - Gah-el
caen - Cahn? Cah-en?
manu - Man-oo

that's exactly how we'd pronounce them!

Well I think
Gael could be pronounced as... Like Pail but with a G (Gail) or Like Gae-ell
Caen - I would pronounce like Cane or like Kie-ann
And Manu - I would pronounce as - Mahn - nyou )like you put an N infront of you i can't figure out how to write the pronounciation.

And I'm from the U.S.

So you prob didn't want pronunc from someone in the U.S. lol

gay-el
cay-en
man-oo

uk here too

I'd say exactly the same as this.

I don't get when people put a H at the end of how there pronouncing names. Like someone said Cah en or gah al. To me that doesn't help to know how to say it. Not sure if that me just being stupid ha x

Well I think
Gael could be pronounced as... Like Pail but with a G (Gail) or Like Gae-ell
Caen - I would pronounce like Cane or like Kie-ann
And Manu - I would pronounce as - Mahn - nyou )like you put an N infront of you i can't figure out how to write the pronounciation.

And I'm from the U.S.

So you prob didn't want pronunc from someone in the U.S. lol

no no, we might end up in the USA at some point, so I do want to know!
thanks!:thumbup:

Gay-el Or Gail
Cayenne or Cane
Man-u
Im from the US lol

gay-el
cay-en
man-oo

uk here too

I'd say exactly the same as this.

I don't get when people put a H at the end of how there pronouncing names. Like someone said Cah en or gah al. To me that doesn't help to know how to say it. Not sure if that me just being stupid ha x

Since this was obviously directed at me:

I would think of it as 'cah' being like in fAther. 'Ca', to me, would be similar to cAt. I think CAH narrows it down so you can pronounce it that way.

But maybe I am being stupid :shrug:

Sorry don't think i was being rude, I was just generally saying I don't get it, I don't understand when people say the h.
Suppose it depends on your accent x
Thanks for explaining x

Sorry don't think i was being rude, I was just generally saying I don't get it, I don't understand when people say the h.
Suppose it depends on your accent x
Thanks for explaining x

i think it depends on people's accents and also whether you also speak other languages.
to me, what mattison said made perfect sense!

thanks everybody for replying!

could you please tell me how you'd pronounce these boys names (and could you also say where you're from, ie UK, USA, etc)
(my DH and I live in the UK but are not from here, so we're worried we might get it wrong...)

gael
caen
manu

thanks!
:flower:

Gay-el
Kee-an
Man-oo

UK :flower:

Gay-el

Cane

Man-oo

Im from the UK :)

I would pronounce them the same as this. I am from the U.S. originally.
I definately hesitate with the name Caen though. I have NO idea how to pronounce it, but if forced to guess, I would say Cane. The other two I would unhesitatingly pronounce the way written above!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"