help re: baby kicking

MummyMummy

Reaction score
can anybody give me some guidelines re:baby kicking, all help greatly appreciated.

yday baby was quiet, only kicked on around 5dif occasions. but the dif 5 occasions baby would go a bitwild and kicked like 2-4 times kwim?

today so far after eating 2 burgers on buns, still vimto and wiggling my belly and lying down baby only kicked twice. not very big kicks though.

both days baby has been pushing up/grinding a few times but no 'kicks' as such. do grinds/pushing count?

xXx

how far gone are you hun ? because after so long bubs calms down with less movement my lo has quiet days !!

Hey hunny any movement counts, how many weeks are you? My LO moves every 15 mins!!! but on Monday she didnt move once i was stressing big style then got my doppler when i got in from work and she was fine the next day my belly was huge, when they have a growth spurt they get sleepy but they do say if movements are fewer than normal contact your midwife, it could put your mind at ease. Let us know how you get on! xxx :hug:

i was 33weeks yday. mw came out on fri and said i should go to hosp as baby hadn't moved much, h/b was all okthough but i said i couldn't, had thingsto do. but that if when i have a drink and lie down if baby doesn't move much will phone mat up. baby did movea couple more times fri though. babys kicks have just been light and fluttery, no big stylee type kicks today too kwim?

feel like such a ninny. will see how things are come 6pm.

thanks for the help!

xXx

If im worried i have some ice cream and a fizzy/sugary drink then lay down on your left side for 20 mins if you can lay on your side and eat the ice cream at the same time you can see the movements better. xxx

If you don't feel much soon I really would get checked out hun, it is so important when movement decreases a lot. The MW did want you to get checked as well. Like Babydance says try icecream and lay on your left side for a bit, I really hope it improves soon, take care :hugs: XX

how many is what's recomended/a good number after laying down and eating etc etc or isit just one movement be that kick/grind?

xXx

My AAU told me to drink 2 glasses of ice cold water as fast as u can without being sick and to laydown for 20 mins with hand on tummy if after that u still havent got baby to move ring them xxx

ive been the hospital 6/7 times in past few months as i was worried about lack of movements.
each time they monitored him before giving me a glass of ice cold water and monitoring him some more. 5/10 mins after having the water baby was kicking loads.
if your worried phone the midwife at the hospital, they told me off first few times as i didnt call straight away and waited a day or two. they are there to help/ reassure you and much prefer you to go in and be ok than wait and find something wrong.

sounds from your first post your unsure about the movements your feeling, as its change from definate kicks to more wriggling movements. as baby gets bigger theres less room for them to kick and i tend to mainly feel wriggling movements atm, and when ive been busy all day dont notice the movements as much or even forget.
give your midwife a call and check with them, they may be able to advise over the phone or ask you to go in just to check everythings ok.

Please don't put it off. If you cannot illicit any movement or not a lot after 2 fast cold drinks then please go the hospital immediately. They would rather that you did than stay at home and be unsure.

I dont want to worry you but if something is wrong, the faster you get there the better. There could be lots of reasons why baby isn't moving but just don't take chances.

Let us know how you go

My midwife told me any kind of movements count - the bigger you get, the less they kick, and the more they kind of just shuffle about. Your baby may be more active at night, when ur sleeping, but if ur worried contact ur midwife. Mine recommended drinking a glass of ice water - and this certainly got my little man moving again!

just had a super cold water drink and baby had a veery good wiggle! mebbe baby just having a lazy weekend, the life of luxury eh?

thankyou for the help and advice, i always feel like such a ninny when it comes to things like this, though ishould know considering this is 2nd baby :lol:

xXx

hunny baby has probably had a wee growth spurt and is sleepy, so pleased everything is ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->