Help so much pain :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Ladyc505, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Ladyc505

Ladyc505 Guest

For the past 4 days now I've been getting this really bad cramping and pressure after I go to the restroom weather it be urine or bowel movement and then the pain lingers around for about 10 mins after... At night it seems to be worse I will get shooting pains into my legs and lower back.. When I'm asleep and go to switch sides the pain will return.. Yesterday my doctor had me take them a urine sample nurse stated it could be a UTI or something worse :( Like always my doctors office if very good at returning patient result calls back in the evening or even days after.. I'm super worried about the "WORSE" the nurse mention my mind feels like it's gonna explode!!! I was told since 2007 I would never have kids get over the thought and dream of it and I finally get my miracle I don't want to lose it :cry:

2. babydoll06

babydoll06 Well-Known Member

I know that having a uti will cause you to cramp alot..esp after using the restroom. I hope thats all it is for you & after antiboitics you'll be good to go. I hope everything works out okay for you!

3. anne003

anne003 Well-Known Member

Keeping everything crossed for you hun :hugs:

4. NAndersonx

NAndersonx Mummy To Sophie Louise

ive had 4 UTI's and i know how you feel if you have one. The pain is absolutly awful especially after you pee. And pain in your lower back is one of the side effects of having one. It deffinitly sounds like you have one. I hope everything will be ok. Fingers crossed hun xxx

5. LesleyL

LesleyL new mommy of twin girls!

not to scare you, but i would get an ultrasound scheduled. i had one today, and i have a suspected ectopic pregnancy, and i have all the symptoms you do.

6. mommylam

mommylam Pregnant-Mother of 3 boys

The shooting pains into your legs and lower back sound like your sciatic nerve. Although I had that badly in my first pregnancy....to the point that my thighs were in some state of burning numbness. I'm not sure that these two things are related.......your cramping when urinating and the shooting pains in your legs. Hmm.

I hope that you get some good news from your doctors office soon on the UTI and keep us posted on what you find out.

Good Luck....my sciatic nerve tortured me through my first pregnancy and I don't remember ever really finding any relief. Thankfully, it didn't bother me in any of my other pregnancies!!!!

7. Ladyc505

Ladyc505 Guest

Thank you for all your replies! I called cause I couldn't wait and of course it wasn't back yet maybe tomorrow :(

LesleyL Eek that's gonna have me very worried now.. I don't have bleeding or pain on just one side it's mainly the lower abdomen and a lot of pressure around the cervix... I have my first pelvic ultra sound on Wednesday lets see how that goes... Do you know what ultra sound they used to detect it? I wish you the best with your journey LesleyL...

8. LesleyL

LesleyL new mommy of twin girls!

they did both a pelvic and transvaginal. i don't really have any pain, either. just pressure when i cough, sneeze, urinate, and have a bm. i just thought my uterus was sore.

9. Ladyc505

Ladyc505 Guest

wow :( do they know if it's for sure or when will you find out the answer?

10. xAmiixLouisex

xAmiixLouisex Mommy! <3

Doctors/Nurses are pretty cautious about etopics. I'm sure if they thought you had any signs of it, they would have sent you for an ultrasound or at least took a blood test as etopics can be very dangerous.

To me, it sounds like a UTI, along with what mommylam said. Good luck for your results. xx

11. Ladyc505

Ladyc505 Guest

Thank you for the reply puts me a little at ease I have HCG blood work tomorrow I'm very nervous for that...

12. xAmiixLouisex

xAmiixLouisex Mommy! <3

Don't be. I'm sure everything's fine :)