help sophie giraffe paint coming off??

tay

Reaction score
anyone else's sophie's paint come off? Leo's only got today and has only been sucking the ear for about 10 min's but i think the paint is coming off so i.ve taken it off him. If i scratch it with my nail it comes off? Is this normal?

I would imagine it is safe with it being a baby toy but I still wouldnt be impressed. Ive just ordered one for my LO, should be here tomorrow.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it's edible paint? I might be wrong though!

Just googled it and the paint is food grade and the problem is common! Phew

it's a bit rubbish that it comes off, he,s only had it 10 minutes! Literally! But he loves it. Alot of money for the paint to come straight off.

If it was me I'd take it back n get a replacement we had our since Christmas and has been sucked to death and all paint is still intact,
Ps. I wish I new why baby's fall over them selves for this :) lol x

Yes that is pretty silly that it comes right off like that. Although I suppose the extra chemicals they would have to use to make it stay on better would make it unsafe to chew on :shrug:

My LO doesnt suck/chew hers enough to know :dohh:

Glad its all safe though & your LO loves it :thumbup:

There was a post on here not long ago about somewhere selling fake Sophies- their spots were a darker colour than the real ones (a brown colour instead of lighter fawn colour) and the paint flaked/rubbed off. Where did you buy it from? X

bloody hope it's real, was from toy's r us! Lol!

If it was me I'd take it back n get a replacement we had our since Christmas and has been sucked to death and all paint is still intact,
Ps. I wish I new why baby's fall over them selves for this :) lol x

me too wish id thought of giving a baby a dog chew as well id be coining it in lol

op - id take it back, zanes hasnt done that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->