Help - Steam Sterilising in Microwave

Jo1984

Proud Mam to Thomas
Reaction score
So this might sound silly as my son is 1 year old, but I've always cold water sterilised. But now he only has a Bottle on a morning & night of growing up milk to keep his vits up I feel it’s a waste of time having the steriliser on the go all day, so was going to just steam the 2 bottles I make up in the microwave.

But, I can’t find the instructions to say how long to do it for etc…. Can anyone help??

Also, do you just steam them straight before you make up the bottles then make up the bottles & store in fridge as usual?

x

What bottles are you using and what steriliser? X

They're TT CTN bottles & storage lids (no teats etc) & It's a TT steriliser that can be used for cold water & micro streilisation.

(I feed from Dr Browns but I'm not fussed on sterilising those now cos he only drinks from them & the milk isn't standing in them before he feeds)

x

This one?

https://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/file_store/en/products/manuals/c3bd9044f0137a127ea8694bb733b2b1.pdf

Also for other question you steam them and leave them too cool for a few mibs (so you dont burn your hands) then make formula up and put in fridge. X

Oooo.... Thanks very much hun :) Thats fab!!
I never thought to look online!!!
You're a star! xx

No problem :)
Ive become a pro at finding instructions online as i always throw them away then need them about a week later! Lol
Xx

yeh your using same steriliser as me,very easy to use :) 9 mins for this 1 :)

Then do you just make your bottles up as soon as they come out after being allowed to cool for a bit?x

If I don't need the bottle straight away after sterilising, I just put them together and leave them on the side. If the lid is on the bottle, no germs can get into the bottle anyway. I think also if you leave the lid on the steriliser until you need the bottles they stay sterile for 12 or more hours.

J x

With the TT one it says the stuff is sterile for 3 hours if you don't open it. I used to take them out and fill them with boiling water and put the lids on and after cooling, put them in the fridge.

i use TT CTN bottles in a Avent microwave steriliser and it takes 6 mins for me sooooooooooooo easy and quick:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"