Help still havent told my family!

Mumof42009

Mum Of 4 Preemie's
Reaction score
Im 13 weeks monday and still havent told my family :cry: im so scared to tell them as dont want to fall out with them cause i know what there like, its not like im stupid and dont know what im doing i think its more because me and oh dont live together and im more or less a single mum when oh is at work. We are planning to move in together after june when my tenancy ends in this house and we are going to look for something better and what we can afford. My dad made it even harder yesterday for me to tell them after he made a comment after brought my lo a new buggy he said you better not be expecting again didnt know where to put myself i know i cant leave it much longer to tell them cause im already showing :cry: Has anyone else found it hard to tell there family? xx

families can be an absolute nightmare, can't they. You should tell them though as soon enough they'll be able to guess and will be more annoyed that you didn't tell them. You're a grown woman and it's your life so in the end it doesn't really matter what they say as long as you and your partner are happy about it that's the main thing. I'm sure they will be delighted when they get over the initial shock though:hug:.

The main problem is i live 10 doors away from them so theres no avoiding them! Im going to take oh with me tuesday after had my scan and he can tell them lol xx

good luck, let us know how you get on, good idea to take partner with you for support x

They might be ok with the idea. Just think, would they have liked anyone interfering with their desician to have you? No, so if they have a go just ask them what they would have said to anyone who said anything negative about them having you.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow, sorry your father made a comment like that. That would definitely make it harder for you to want to tell them. If I could ask, how old are you? Are you able to take care of this other little one on your own? Is it that your folks think you won't be able to manage financially?

:hugs: at the end of the day you are a grown woman and they have to respect that. My parents were the same as I have health issues which effected both previous pregnancies and this one too (not in a bad way..just the after-labour...my uterous etc doesnt contract right and never will apparently)So when I told them after my 9 wk scan lets just say they were not amused.. but like is aid to them we are adults... I have the hospital etc giving me special after care etc after this labour etc and the least they can do is be happy for us. If they cant tehn thats their decision.

They are slowly coming round to it

:hugs:

Tell them and then hide! least you dont live there so its not like you have to listen you can shut your door on them for a few days while it sinks in, they will soon come round You cant live your life for other people I gave up trying to get my parents approval on anything a long time ago! good luck, maybe you will be pleasantly suprised it will be there grandchild at the end of the day xxx

hard? im 30 weeks friday and i still havent told my parents, they fly off the handle at everything, i feel tho im still a kid.

they will not be happy, and we say something that will upset me, they live in spain so i dont see them at all really....

hard? im 30 weeks friday and i still havent told my parents, they fly off the handle at everything, i feel tho im still a kid.

they will not be happy, and we say something that will upset me, they live in spain so i dont see them at all really....

:hugs: They may surprise you and be exicted xxx

:hugs: They may surprise you and be exicted xxx

oh no, my parents dont get excited about anything, they will not be happy at all, when pregnant with my 3rd, they said are you not happy with the 2 you already have.. and my dad didnt speak to me throughout the pregnancy (peace and quite if im honest)
My mum goes along with what my father tells her to do

so i doubt they will be happy :hissy:

i was 16 when i first fell pregnant with my daughter, i also found it hard telling my family. i dont know why really, i was living with my partner who i'd been with since i was 14, working and we had our own flat.........so i didnt tell them, i sent them all a scan pic with the words 'congratulations your gonna be a nan/grandad/auntie/uncle' was much easier lol x

Tiaenya- well if they can't be happy for you at this really important stage in your life thats their problem,not yours, it is your life,you live it how you want xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->