Help.....Stuck in a Food Rutt......

Suz

~ I are a Nerd ~
Reaction score
:rofl:OK so I cook all the time..........But lately it seems like My husband and I are stuck in a Food Rutt and I dont know what to do.......

We spent 1 hour walking around the grocery store today trying to find someting for dinner......Have you ever been through this and what did you do.....

:rofl:

We go through this all the time, does my bloody head in same thing week after week.
I do most of my shopping online and they have arecipe section so i went to that and just added the ingredients

I have been making some really random thing lately LOL

I was like this yesterday - it seems like we eat the same stuff over an over again its quite boring!!

yep same here too!!! was same old shoppin here lol!

We do this too! Sometimes we just buy loadsa little nibble/snack things just cos we don't know what we fancy!
I'm wondering what we can have tonight, didn't take any meat out the freezer cos I just don't know what I fancy! We normally eat lots of pasta, spag bol & lasag and could be bothered having that again.......fancy something diff but just don't know what?

Owww, now you've got me thinking!?

im having a roast mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm at daddys house lol!!!!

Try have a look at allrecipes.com
It's a great website!

oh on tesco u can get them to just add ingredients to ur basket! how cool!

We get like that sometimes. When we can afford it we just got for a takeaway.

:dance: Again Girls....You make me feel so NORMAL :hugs:

i adore proper food, mince n dumplings, toad in the hole, roasts, etc. Don't have them very often though. Been making a tomato and mozzarella salad alot recently, cause it's something I've found I can make without much help

I wish i could cook, i always make Kai a proper dinner but myself i either have sandwich or toast or something crap, i hate shopping cos of trolley is always full of crap!
x

I am bored with what we eat day in/day out so have been trying to make something new one night each week.

No way could I go shopping without a list, my trolley would be full of food that wouldn't make any meals!

We are the same too seems to be same old same old every week, occasionally do something different but not often. Normally when i try something totally different theres always someone who doesn't like it *sighs*

Maybe we should all post the meals we jhave each week over a set no of weeks and then we can nick each others recipes.

Oh...That sound like a great idea....

I'm with Lucy - I can't go shopping without my list. But we do seem to eat the same things month in month out - sunday roast, spag bol, shepherd pie
I need a new recipe:hissy:

Sinead

ok ill go 1st....

chicken supreme..

ingredients (to serve 3)

4-5 chicken breasts
1 tin campbells condensed chicken soup
3-5 mushrooms
1 yellow pepper
1 tin sweetcorn
half can(soup can) milk
half can(soup can) water

chop the peppers and mushrooms and place in frying pan with chicken, seal chicken and brown mushrooms, add tin of soup milk and water (consistency should be quite thick,not necessary to add all water/milk) leave to simmer for 10-15 mins, add sweetcorn and leave for further 2 mins

serve with rice or potatoes, :D

alternitively, add a layer of puff pastry bung in oven for 10 mins in oven dish and have as chicken pie :D

these veg are my preference, however is an easy dish to ajust to taste!

Honey and ginger chicken:

Heat frying pan with virgin olive oil

4 chicken brest - dice
1 tsp of lazy ginger (avalible at tesco)
1 tsp of lazy garlic (avalible in tesco)
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
1 onion (red) or normal
1/2 tin of chopped tomatos
Generous amount of honey
1 bag of fresh pasta ... tagneatelli/spagehtti/pasta shells (all avalible at tesco/asda) MUST TRY FRESH NOT PRE PACKED!!

Chuck in chicken garlic and ginger and leave to seal at moderate heat.
The add peppers, onion. tomatos leave for 5 mins at moderate heat

Add the generous amount of honey and leave for a futher 3 mins whilst letting the fresh pasta cook.

FRESH PASTA:

Pan / Boiling water from kettle leave for 3-4mins to simmer!

Then serve! Serves 3 of us with a big porton!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"